Author Topic: Side Decal question!  (Read 11734 times)

Offline willgib

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Side Decal question!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 11:04:44 AM »
I took mine off and mines 4 years old and there was no difference in the paintwork at all
Abarth Punto Evo TD04

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 01:43:53 PM »
third option -  find a respectable sign/vinyl writers and you can have them custom make and fit for 50/60£

i was going to get a custom colour with the official design, people with the proper machines will produce exactly the same work and abarth themselves.

after all who hasn't seen the same product at triple the cost because it had a different name on it?
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.
- 1949 White, Black Mirrors, Custom Centre Caps.
- Super Brilliance White - Main, Side, Rear Plate and Fog Lights.

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 03:41:22 PM »
I've had 2 sets of side stripes of eBay (1 standard A500 and my current Assetto Corse ones), both have been of good quality - up to 7 years durability.

My first set were excellent I just wanted another design. I'm pleased with them apart from the fact that snow & some extreme freeze-thaw weather took off some of the little squares/recangular bits, which I have since put back on using heat and a small amount of glue. This however was a fitting issue I believe as I found some imperfections along my door/sill area...despite paying a 'top pro' to fit them.

Vinyl is always a pain unless you really know someone who will take the time required to fit it well. However there are a few good suppliers on eBay, so just buy either the 7 year stuff or some top end cast vinyl and find an honest fitter.

£250-500 is totally ridiculous!

http://www.prestigeparts.co.uk/

This guy (Keith) made me a custom bonnet vinyl and provided my old side stripes and they were excellent. He is both friendly and is contracted to Porsche so he knows his stuff!   ;)
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | RamAir Induction Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | DNA Camber | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | T4P Stage 1 remap:::226bhp/295lbft insta me :D

Offline Graeme838

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: C15 GMW
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 10:22:16 AM »
You could see how it looks without maybe. You might even prefer the naked look once you pull them off. To be honest I think they sometimes look great without.

You might have a problem with the naked look as the paint under the decals will probably be a different shade than the rest of he paint so you may end up having to do a lot of work to try and get the colours to match again
Even if you are one in a million like your mum told you, that means there are 7500 people just like you on the planet...

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: T50 PEY
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »
I went to the the people my dealership sub contracts to ,cut out the middle man and had custom decals made for both sides and bonnet with a spare for the bonnet for £100 fitted, so find out who your dealer uses and go and speak to them and ask if they can design something bespoke for you or if you've got some ideas run it by them

This is who I use and can recommend them 100% they could make them and post them I would imagine
http://www.vinylcreations.co.uk/abarth_graphics.html
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:30:02 PM by Tonyspurs »
Abarth 595C Turismo-Scorpion Black-BTB bypass exhaust- Scorpion 200 cell Cat- JFA stage 1 remap-Esseesse Wheels,CF mirror caps- Hydro dipped CF Dash, boot handle,stereo and climate control facias - Matt black custom decals - Heko's,- Pioneer double din install- Go fast red sport button surround ;-)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 02:45:02 PM »
Decided on Fox signs as they are local to me and seem very professional!

They want to measure my current Vinyl stickers from factory as they haven't designed Abarth side strips for the Punto yet, only the A500.

This would result in exact replica's, made and fitted along with black wrapped wing mirrors for only £115 which they said was more expensive than usual because they have to design these from scratch... Compared to Abarth's £300-£500 just to buy the stickers before fitment, this is an absolute bargain!

Still a future job though as although the mirrors are chipped/flaked to hell, the decals are still holding up pretty well apart from one of two stone chips but happy to find a cheaper, likely better alternative to being ripped of by Abarth!  ;D

---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque