Author Topic: Multi Air tuning potential.  (Read 2977 times)

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Multi Air tuning potential.
« on: January 19, 2018, 11:52:16 AM »
Hi all, just traded my 595 comp for a 124 spider, I appreciate this is the Punto page but as only 6 spiders have been sold ever, no one has any advice on tuning and the 500 fraternity seem reluctant as the engine is a T jet in theirs. The 124 comes with the Multi air 170 bhp engine form the Punto and Mito, still not sure what the difference is between that and the tjet, anyway, I want a bit more of a kick from the Spider so I thought I would try my luck on here. I have fitted an oval box induction kit and that has helped but was wondering what other simple mods are available, remapping, actuators etc.. What would realistic gains be. Thanks in advance. Lee.

Offline willgib

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Air tuning potential.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 12:03:23 PM »
I used a bluespark tuning box on my APE for a while, very good results.
Apart from that not many people tune the multiairs and get good results.
Best bet is to contact Multiair Tuning and development on facebook.
Abarth Punto Evo TD04

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 03:55:09 PM »
Many thanks Will, the owners club are doing a tuning box for £300. may go down that route.

Offline StevieJ

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • Modified Abarth - Facebook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 10:04:49 AM »
Many thanks Will, the owners club are doing a tuning box for £300. may go down that route.

You may want to buy direct from Bluespark. http://bluesparkautomotive.com/abarth-124-spider
S4 Comp - remap, TBF intake, Forge BOV, pcv delete, Mishimoto catch can, Power Motive exhaust, Matt Bronze JR29 alloys, Bilstein B14, DNA rear brace, camber plates, lateral tie rods, MTech shifter, Prosport gauge, wearelikewise shifter, GTT batt cover, red speaker grills, matt black roof & spoiler

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 07:05:30 PM »
Cheers Stevie, I have bought a TMC box from the good folk at the Abarth owners club. (they are having a sale)