Author Topic: Plastic guards  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Alfa_Wizz

• Barely Abarth
  • Technician with a passion for italian cars
    • View Profile
Plastic guards
« on: July 06, 2017, 07:31:59 AM »
I´m trying to figure out why the plastic protection covers that are located under the front bumper L&R ( connects to the inner fenders..or should! ) won´t fit. I have the original covers / parts that in Eper are refered to as 51839987 Protection left and 51839986 Protection right, under "Punto Evo Abarth". But they won´t fit at all. I read somewhere that the T-Jet model has them aswell, and that they will fit this model. Sounds a bit strange to me, but can anyone confirm?

Thank´s

Offline Alfa_Wizz

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: Plastic guards
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 07:28:08 AM »
So i fitted the guards today...with a bit of modification. But beter to have them, then to drive without. Especially when you have a conefilter sucking in air just above that opening.  So now i´m searching for an (Injen) prefilter aswell, so i can drive in damp conditions, without risk getting water in my Engine... 

Offline oVerboost

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 10:49:29 AM »
If you can't find the injen version, ebay sell the K&N filter covers on ebay.  :)

Offline Alfa_Wizz

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 09:47:32 AM »
Overboost: Yes i´ve seen all of them on E-bay. But when it comes to Injen, it mainly shippes from USA, wich means 20-25% tax when it arrives in Sweden.

After much searching and loads of e-mails, i´ve actually found a few dealers in Sweden, and Norway that can supply INJEN, K&N and AEM p-filters.
So that´s all good, ....exept a few weeks delivery time in some cases.

But the other issue during the past week, has instead been about what size to go for, and how much stretch they alow over the conefilter.
Sinse i have the BMC filter, they won´t fit 100%. So we´ll see wich one i go for, and i´ll just have to hope that it fits in the end :)

And sinse i´m also going to cut open the right air inlet, on the inside of the front bumper, i´ll probably have to add another type of foam in front of the filter aswell.
Otherwise, driving in heavy rain will be a nerv wrecking experience :)
Thank´s
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:49:07 AM by Alfa_Wizz »