Author Topic: How many APE owners active on AOC?  (Read 20300 times)

Offline dixy

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: How many APE owners active on AOC?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »
Tmc'd APE here too
RED APE/SKYDOME/BLACK DECALS/TMC UPGRADES/TITANIUM EXHAUST/ITG PANEL FILTER/

Offline AustinR

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 06:06:34 PM »
Red Abarth Punto Evo owned since 2012. I've been to a few of the local meets ( Carsington Water and Chasewater ) and also go to Stanford Hall each year. You'll also find a few posts from me on this website - remember when I commented on personalised number plates - that created a bit of hot air !

FullMetalScorpion

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 07:08:50 PM »
So I make that twelve unless somebody posted twice.

I used to attend Carsington but not anymore. I generally stick to the big events now.

Offline Crab Doctor

• Abarth Novice
  • Evo Essesse owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 07:43:16 PM »
We're definitely a rare breed alright, and that's what I like about APEs

FullMetalScorpion

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »
We're definitely a rare breed alright, and that's what I like about APEs

It's not just that though is it. The cars are pretty rare but the owners are uninvolved. That's up to them of course but buying a rare car usually means you are at least interested in cars. I've only seen 3 other Abarth Puntos while I've been in my car. I didn't get a wave and there was zero recognition that they were driving what I'm driving. I've never been in such a dead scene before.

Offline Crab Doctor

• Abarth Novice
  • Evo Essesse owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 09:41:51 PM »
The cars are pretty rare but the owners are uninvolved. That's up to them of course but buying a rare car usually means you are at least interested in cars. I've only seen 3 other Abarth Puntos while I've been in my car. I didn't get a wave and there was zero recognition that they were driving what I'm driving. I've never been in such a dead scene before.

I've only ever seen one other Punto Abarth owner since I bought mine and I was in my work van. I did manage to pull alongside him and have a quick chat before the lights changed though and he seemed genuinely enthused at seeing another APE owner, albeit a fleeting encounter.

I definitely know what you mean though. A dozen or so replies from you post really demonstrates how dead the scene is but for me, that is not why I bought one. I'll happily get involved by going to meets and being an active forum member but that is secondary to my love of the car. I am a bit of a petrol head which does make me choosy about what car I drive but it was a good 10 months before I found the forums.

I'm into shooting aswell and being a pest controller plays a big part in that. But the hobby came before the job and as such I am a member of the second largest airgun forum in the country with just under 3k posts (same name) and it's a far more lively forum. Now THAT is more what I am used to.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 09:44:43 PM by Crab Doctor »

FullMetalScorpion

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2015, 11:07:10 PM »
The only internet groups I've been involved in are car related. And I've had relatively rare cars before but the groups were still busy. Regardless of whichever car I buy I always think its essential to join a car group. Because I want to know about any problems and what modifications can be made. And when seeing another car the same as yours (especially when so rare) the automatic reaction is to beep and wave. But the sheer lack of acknowledgement from any other Abarth owner is something new to me. The ignorance has become so severe that I now intentionally ignore other Abarths on the road.

Offline sandys

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2015, 08:16:31 PM »
It's not just that though is it. The cars are pretty rare but the owners are uninvolved. That's up to them of course but buying a rare car usually means you are at least interested in cars. I've only seen 3 other Abarth Puntos while I've been in my car. I didn't get a wave and there was zero recognition that they were driving what I'm driving. I've never been in such a dead scene before.

Depends what you mean by involved my car attends lots of events, not as a show and shiner but as a competitor and could generally be found in action a few times a month, standing around car parks and talking about the latest shiny bling or the detailing job done is not my bag.

I have retired it from action this year though but if a trackday meet is arranged, as in spanking around one, not spectating, I'd probably be one of the first to sign up. :)

When Abarthisti started up it was good for that, I did quite a few trackdays with Abarths but it died off, course having done days with the guys/gals I was more inclined to want to meet up at other places.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 08:18:55 PM by sandys »

Offline scorp!on

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 05:43:33 PM »
APE Esseesse owner, Bournemouth area.

Offline ashnelson34

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2016, 02:03:41 AM »
APE Essesse owner of 2 months!! Personally haven't seen another APE in person (ever) bar my own so know how everyone feels!

FullMetalScorpion

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 08:13:15 AM »
So we now have fourteen. That's out of about 350 APE and 130 Supersports.

Offline scorp!on

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 03:38:49 PM »
There are around 70 or so Abarth Punto owners on the Abarth Punto Collective on Facebook. Some of which are members on here, not sure how many tho.

Offline atlgibson

• Abarth Professional
  • Punto Evo Supersport Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 07:42:32 PM »
Supersport owner :). it is a shame more people do not realise what they have and the great amount of information and help they can receive by joining a forum like this
Abarth Punto Evo Supersport (63)
Skydome
K&N Induction Kit
Esseesse Lowering Springs
16mm Rear Spacers
Heko Wind Deflectors
Tinted Side Repeaters

FullMetalScorpion

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 07:50:09 PM »
There are around 70 or so Abarth Punto owners on the Abarth Punto Collective on Facebook. Some of which are members on here, not sure how many tho.

105 at the moment but still not a scratch on the over 800 Abarth Puntos registered.

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2016, 11:59:34 AM »
I wonder if Ash nelson has my old car... :D
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque