Author Topic: Advice Please?  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Andy C

• Abarth Novice
  • Instagram: _andyc93
    • View Profile
Advice Please?
« on: June 01, 2016, 10:50:23 AM »
Hi all,

Just looking for a little advice if possible regarding insurance..

I've just recently started renting a property with my girlfriend which is close to my full time occupation to cut down on the commute, however I also have another part time job at the weekends close to my parents address where I go back to stay most weekends if I'm working.

My Abarth is currently registered and insured at my parents address, along with everything else such as my bank accounts, electoral role etc.. As this is my correspondence address. 

My car insurance is up for renewal is up for renewal at the start of July, currently I'm paying £460.00 annually at my parents address however if I try and insure it the new address where I am living in the week the price increases ridiculously (+£500 increase).

Some insurers allow you to enter 'your address' on their website and then another 'where the car will be kept overnight', if I input my correspondence address as my parents address and input the postcode of  the apartment as where I keep the vehicle overnight the quotation is much more reasonable and around the same price as what I'm paying now.

My questions is, am I doing anything wrong by insuring my vehicle this way? I'd like to be all squeaky clean and legal and not be bitten in the behind if anything unfortunate was to happen.

License - 5yr (Clean)
NCD - 5yr

Thanks,
Andy.
Abarth 500|Campolovo Grey|17" 10 Spoke|Xenons|Climate|Interscope|Leather

Offline DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Partnered Insurer
  • Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Advice Please?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 09:11:51 PM »
Hi,
This is always a grey area. You would be best to speak to your insurers giving them all the facts so they can rate in accordingly.
Regards,
Dan.