Author Topic: ESP Unavailable / Hill Holder Unavailable / Check Engine  (Read 22553 times)

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
ESP Unavailable / Hill Holder Unavailable / Check Engine
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:43:38 PM »
Hi All,

I wanted to do this post to help anyone that might be experiencing this issue in the present or future, I recently had some trouble with my pocket rocket;

Wednesday morning driving to work, the car jolted and threw up loads of errors, they were ESP unavailable, Hill Holder unavailable and check engine, pulled over turned off the engine, tried to turn her back on but wouldn't hold an idle, left alone for 5 minutes and she started.

Got her home and got Greenflag to tow me to SE Autos in Biddenden, done diagnostics and threw up codes P0105 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction) and another code I cant remember(Sorry).

read stories on google about people having long term issues and was worried, I also found the link below which helped completely, it relates to the MAP being faulty.

so rang up warranty company, told them the issue and they said happy to fix, gave the garage the go ahead and 2 days later when the part arrived, garage called all fixed, all errors gone, part was £60 and a total fee of £152.40 Inc. VAT was agreed, which I am covered and getting reimbursed.

so anyone having these issues don't fret, simple fix and the MAP is easy to replace as its just plug and play.

Minor concern is I recently installed the bluespark box and am worrying this was the cause.

link: http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?129414-Fiximg-my-first-problem-with-the-Abarth-Grande-Punto-EsseEsse

Hope this helped someone out there on the great world wide web.

Daniel
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.
- 1949 White, Black Mirrors, Custom Centre Caps.
- Super Brilliance White - Main, Side, Rear Plate and Fog Lights.

Offline will-w

• 695 Member
  • 'Captain Slow'
    • View Profile
Re: ESP Unavailable / Hill Holder Unavailable / Check Engine
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:57:54 PM »
Those symptoms also scream out battery issue, just in case anyone reads this in the future :)

The Grande & EVO is incredibly sensitive to weak batteries and can throw all kinds of errors including the above and even oil pressure warnings ;)

Got to love the Italians and their electrics!!
Abarth Punto Supersport
Grigio Campovolo, Skydome, Assetto Koni, Floating brakes
Summer: Gunmetal 18" Esseesse with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
Winter: Official Abarth Winter Kit (17" with Pirelli Sottozero 210)

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 12:00:00 AM »
I have had a poor battery since I owned the car, start stop hasnt worked in many months.
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.

Offline willgib

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 12:54:20 PM »
When I fitted my bluespark box everything was OK then I disconnected the box to move it and when I reconnected, mine said all them things were unavailable too and check engine.
Fixed by simply unplugging bluespark completely from boost and map then reconnecting
 No problems since so hopefully a one off
Abarth Punto Evo TD04

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »
I too have had issues before but this time thr MAP sensor actually broke
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:06:25 PM »
Hi,sorry to hear your having issues,

I personally have no issue using aftermarket parts, either you choose should be fine.

Do it yourself if you feel confident(not a particularly a hard task).

Regards,
Daniel
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.

Offline captpicard

• 695 Member
  • make it so..
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 07:18:34 PM »
When I fitted my bluespark box everything was OK then I disconnected the box to move it and when I reconnected, mine said all them things were unavailable too and check engine.
Fixed by simply unplugging bluespark completely from boost and map then reconnecting
 No problems since so hopefully a one off

when you disconnected the blue spark did you fit the blanking plug afterwards?
Abarth 500c custom(595)Heko's, PIAA DRL's, black mirror caps, smoked indicators, rear/side privacy tints, BMC filter, blackline official rear lights, black front whisker, rear badge, rear boot handle, boot flap mod...

Offline James King

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
    • Team Buschfink Racing
  • Registration Number: SD14 OTU
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 03:19:43 PM »
I just had this happen to me yesterday, ordered a new MAP sensor and will be replacing it when it arrives midweek. A productive trip to the shop a handful of miles away I didn't even get halfway through! It did induce a whole lot of panic, as I went to Germany and back the weekend before, and not having had a problem before it was a bit of a worry that perhaps it was a far more serious fault. I do also have a Bluespark fitted, and apart from me being useless before and not noticing a poor connection this is the first actual problem I've had with the car. I think I'll be doing some better waterproofing of the connection to reduce the likelihood of failure in the future.

I'll update in due course.