Author Topic: Campovolo Grey 595 Competizione  (Read 106376 times)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Re: Campovolo Grey 595 Competizione
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 12:04:31 PM »
Oh crap, I read it wrong and forgot you had the 595 Comp! :O

Yeah that is slightly poor! Could be that the dyno isn't exactly 100% accurate though! Could go to another and it tells you that you've got 165 bhp lol ;)

It is only numbers anyway, if the car wasn't hitting its proposed 0-62 of 7.4s thats when I would be questioning things and whether the map for the 595 160 bhp has actually been applied! With the changes you have planned though I suspect you will be at the new 595 Comp 180bhp levels anyway! :)

---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 12:43:42 PM »
Oh crap, I read it wrong and forgot you had the 595 Comp! :O

Yeah that is slightly poor! Could be that the dyno isn't exactly 100% accurate though! Could go to another and it tells you that you've got 165 bhp lol ;)

It is only numbers anyway, if the car wasn't hitting its proposed 0-62 of 7.4s thats when I would be questioning things and whether the map for the 595 160 bhp has actually been applied! With the changes you have planned though I suspect you will be at the new 595 Comp 180bhp levels anyway! :)

Ha ha, no worries Brian.   ;)

That's the thing with dyno's.  No two will ever be exactly the same and so you cant always judge on the figures anyway.  I just wanted to go somewhere independent from the mapper, so I have a before and can get an after at the same place and they have no reason to 'exaggerate' the figures on the after run.
The car certainly has always felt 'nippy' but it's when I'm higher in the rev range it just doesn't seem to have the go, and the AFR graph shows exactly why that is.

Yeah, numbers are a bit of pub talk anyway, and it's more about how the car drives.  So fingers crossed with the exhaust and intercooler, etc, plus a good remap, it'll free up some power, but the car should drive and feel a lot better.   :D
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 12:52:39 PM »
A simple remap to sort out the poor top end delivery of power/torque will likely be the holy grail for your car!  :) I have a drop in power/torque at the top end of my 4th gear that the guys that done my run wanted to address with a remap, since I spent £300 odd quid on the TMC box I told them the next car I get, will let them work there magic haha!
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Tom 91

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2015, 07:33:34 PM »
Im wondering if your 595 hasnt got the correct map on it from factory and its hasnt had the 595 put on it! The power figures you are showing are evidence of a standard map on an A500....i would be taking it back to glyn hopkin to make sure :)
APE Esseesse

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2015, 08:44:23 AM »
Im wondering if your 595 hasnt got the correct map on it from factory and its hasnt had the 595 put on it! The power figures you are showing are evidence of a standard map on an A500....i would be taking it back to glyn hopkin to make sure :)

Hmm...  I had presumed it was just due to the engine still bedding in, but you could be right there.  Is it the dealer that flashes the 595 map, or is it done at the factory?
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 09:04:58 AM »
Like the SS model I would assume it is the dealer as it is the dealer that adds the monza etc to the comp models, they all start as standard cars from the factory that dealers then upgrade to specific models. I would take the print out to your dealership and find out  :o
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline K77NAN

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »
The 595's are done at the factory these days 8)
JackJunior - 2015 595 Competizone

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »
Yeah now, how recent has that change now as the  OP's car could still have been done at the dealership like they used to be done then  ::)
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2015, 11:13:56 AM »
I picked the car up brand new in December, so I presume if the change from Dealer to Factory happened before then, then it's a factory error.

I will drop them an email, see what they say.

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2015, 11:20:07 AM »
Certainly would be putting a complaint in when the cars supposed to be running 160bhp minimum, that would mean false declaration of numbers by Abarth if the map is indeed done (I kind of doubt this) and you can take it further...

Cars can be slightly under or over but in your case, nearly 20 bhp is a large chunk of missing power I think most of us would not be pleased about...
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline anewton10

• Abarth Professional
  • Instagram anewton_10
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 08:31:11 PM »
This is what I've said about my 595 since day 1, GUTLESS

I really do believe its a euro 6 problem, my 595 was so poor I called the dealer as soon as I got home and there response was it will improve with running in.

The problem is it didn't even with 3500 miles on the clock. The performance didn't feel right until I put the bluespark in but even now it is still not as good as my old SS   

It's booked in for its 6K oil change on the first of May and a few choice words are coming there way
595 Comp 🚙  Bluespark, Forge Hose, Custom Airbox, Asseto Corse Front Grille, Novitec Springs+Coupe Bump Stops, Assetto Gara Lightweight Wheels, Dark Side Repeaters, Mtec Bulbs, Led Interior Upgrade, Heko's, Badge Overlays, Matt Black Badges, 5mm 15mm Spacers, Clear Rear Lights, CAE Racing Shifter

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2015, 05:14:25 PM »
So I emailed the dealer and they said the car should have the 595 map from the factory so they need to have a look to see what is going on.  Also, I have been advised by another dealer on another forum that the 595 maps actually tend to run slightly lean, therefore mine certainly isn't right.  This could potentially be signs of a faulty sensor.  I'd hope that all they would need to do is plug a machine in the OBD to test this out.

This is what I've said about my 595 since day 1, GUTLESS

I really do believe its a euro 6 problem, my 595 was so poor I called the dealer as soon as I got home and there response was it will improve with running in.

The problem is it didn't even with 3500 miles on the clock. The performance didn't feel right until I put the bluespark in but even now it is still not as good as my old SS   

It's booked in for its 6K oil change on the first of May and a few choice words are coming there way

Hmm.. you might want them to check for any fault codes too then.  Have you had yours on the rollers at any point for anyone to check the AFR?  Would be interested if yours is the same as mine.

Offline jay_tee

• Abarth Professional
  • Slammed, skidding about in Shoreditch
    • View Profile
    • A Matter of Life and Denim
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2015, 06:36:55 PM »
Any news Claire?
Slammed, skidding about in Shoreditch

Offline Tiptop

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2015, 06:59:48 PM »
I'll 2nd the car is supposed to be running leaner, both the 135bhp and 160bhp maps run leaner on euro 6, its how they passed the new emissions criteria, i wouldn't be happy with that either as my car made better power on a standard 135bhp map. I should imagine there are loads of 595's like this, as lets be honest not many people bother to dyno them. 5-10 bhp under would be acceptable but nearly 20bhp under doesn't seem right.
Abarth 500, 190bhp, Abi the little monster, many mods

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2015, 08:44:01 AM »
No real updates, the car is going into the dealer on Friday.  I did some runs on Saturday monitoring the AFR, and to be honest the results were all fine.  I can't see how the issue could be traction control on the rollers as numerous cars have run without any issues.  But it is sort of leaning to that being the problem.  If that is the case, I'm not sure how the car can be mapped and checked on a rolling road.  It just doesn't seem right when others have done it with no problems.

Anyhow, just wanted to upload some pictures from Leeds Castle on Sunday as she was looking her best.   ;D