Author Topic: Campovolo Grey 595 Competizione  (Read 106422 times)

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
Re: Campovolo Grey 595 Competizione
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 02:16:44 PM »
So fitted my new Team Heko Wind Deflectors on Sunday and thought I would share some pictures.  Love how they look and were ridiculously easy to fit.

595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 04:08:01 PM »
Need to invest in a set of these for my Evo.... looking good! Do they help with wind flow/noise when the window is down a bit?
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »
They are suppose to, but I've not been out in the car since fitting them due to being unwell!
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline Coxy13

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 05:10:52 PM »
Looking good.

I fitted some to mine at the weekend too. Very good value for money!
500 Abarth in Campovolo Grey, White TD Pro Race 1.2, Airtec Intercooler, White mirror caps, Team Heko Wind Deflectors, BMC Filter, Bluespark Tuning Box, Novitec Group N Backbox, Novitec Lowering Springs, Private Plate (T13 DWJ)

Offline AdeyAbarth

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »
You're car is so 😍

Love the colour combo and roof

Need me some of those wind deflectors
Abarth 595 Competizione 180, Cordolo Red, Red Brembos, Akrapovic Exhaust, Gold Custom Formula Wheels, TMC Box, Hydrodipped Carbon Mirrors and Dash

Offline Salvos_white_abarth

• 695 Member
  • Abarth...the best thing since slice bread.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 10:02:43 PM »
Looking lovely:) . What products have you used on it?By the way are you going to wax stock?I see your into detailing as your on detailingworld forum.

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 08:36:41 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys.   :)

Looking lovely:) . What products have you used on it?By the way are you going to wax stock?I see your into detailing as your on detailingworld forum.

For products, all it has on it al the moment is Gyeon Wet Coat, until the weather warms up a bit when I've got some CanCoat to try.  I'm also using their Bathe+ shampoo, and Cure as a Quick Detailer, which I am loving.
I'll give it a proper detail, with a polish when my hands aren't going to freeze!!  Lol!!

I'd like to go to WaxStock.  I believe we have a club stand, so am waiting for more details about that before getting a ticket as didn't know if we could get them direct through the club or not.

Offline dixy

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 11:13:45 AM »
Need to invest in a set of these for my Evo.... looking good! Do they help with wind flow/noise when the window is down a bit?

This are a must Brian for the Evo no noise, great for letting air in you just need to make sure the middle section is stuck well as it will pick the right hand corner when closing the window. Looks well too.
RED APE/SKYDOME/BLACK DECALS/TMC UPGRADES/TITANIUM EXHAUST/ITG PANEL FILTER/

Offline dixy

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 11:22:09 AM »
Lol very nice 595 as well HTD, really miss our funk white 500 SS :-(
RED APE/SKYDOME/BLACK DECALS/TMC UPGRADES/TITANIUM EXHAUST/ITG PANEL FILTER/

Offline Salvos_white_abarth

• 695 Member
  • Abarth...the best thing since slice bread.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 10:18:27 PM »
I would love a pair of sabelts.

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 09:02:28 AM »
So a little update.  Nothing major just yet though!  Lol!

After some deliberation as to if I wanted to bother with an induction kit or not, for the time being I think I'm just going to stick with the standard airbox.  However, I decided to change the induction hose for a Forge one.  It's 99% for show, but potentially it may allow for better airflow.  I keep telling myself that as to justify the cost of it!  Ha ha.  I ordered direct from Forge as that way I could get the Jubilee Clip Kit with it.  Was a bit of a pain getting the original out and getting this one in, but worth it in the end.  It just brightens up the bay a bit.

Before:

After:

Tomorrow, I am booked for a power run at Hayes Engineering in Kent to see what power the little beast is putting out in standard form.  With my plans in the pipework, I wanted a ‘before’ run for comparison.  Will post result afterwards.   ;D

Offline Coxy13

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 06:28:42 PM »
Awesome Claire. Think I may have to get one for mine!!
500 Abarth in Campovolo Grey, White TD Pro Race 1.2, Airtec Intercooler, White mirror caps, Team Heko Wind Deflectors, BMC Filter, Bluespark Tuning Box, Novitec Group N Backbox, Novitec Lowering Springs, Private Plate (T13 DWJ)

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 10:08:08 AM »
So on Saturday, I took the little car to Bob at Hayes Engineering for a Power Run to see what she is running in standard form.  With only 1250 miles on the clock, I knew there was a strong possibility she wouldn’t be up to full power, but I wanted to have a ‘neutral’ comparison for once the car has been mapped so I can compare on the same rollers later down the line.  The 595’s are supposed to be 160bhp, so I was hoping for about 150bhp, with room to improve over the next few thousand miles.

Here she is, ready to be run:

Once all strapped down and ready Bob did 3 runs.  The best of them all was 142.9bhp, with about 165lbft Torque…  Hmm….  A little low on what I was expecting, so no wonder I have been a little disappointed with how she has been going.

Here’s the graph showing Power and Torque:

However, one of the reasons I go to see Bob is he always explains what's going on, and this second graph really shows why the power is so low:

This shows Power against the Air Fuel Ratio.  As you can see, at about 4000RPM, the AFR suddenly shoots down to 10:1 and the car is running very very rich.  Bob even said he saw it down into the 9’s at one stage on the unit he had in the car, but the graph scale doesn’t go that low to show it!  At this point, the power just sits at the 140 level and can’t go any more because so much fuel is being pumped in.  At the point when the power curve stops increasing, if you instead keep following this with an imaginary line, you can sort of see that in theory it should keep going up to about the 150bhp mark which would have been more what I was hoping for.  It is quite common for manufacturer’s to run the car’s rich for safety reasons, but I was quite surprised how much effect this has had on the car.  With a good map, I should easily be able to get this sorted and allow the car to produce the power it should be.

It is a little disappointing, yes, but knowing the car would be a bit down to start anyway, and then seeing the AFR so low, explains why the car feels the way it does and is only producing the power it is.

I’m certain now that the car needs a remap, and with intercooler, exhaust and actuator at the same time to make the most of this, I should see some decent power and torque gains.   :)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 10:26:48 AM »
Your still well above the quoted figure for your car though 595 so still a good result!

My dyno run for my 180 bhp SS APE only showed 174 bhp before the TMC tuning box which did surprised me as they are almost always above what is quoted! With the box it hit 190 bhp but I messed the box up slightly playing with settign without disconnecting the battery so I think it was still on setting 6.

If ever I get it done again, the box will be correctly set of 8 and I would hope for 195 bhp+ from that change ;) but your figures are above what the car is supposed to produce and with the changes you have planned, you should see 170 bhp+ which ain't so bad :)
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 10:38:34 AM »
Your still well above the quoted figure for your car though 595 so still a good result!

My dyno run for my 180 bhp SS APE only showed 174 bhp before the TMC tuning box which did surprised me as they are almost always above what is quoted! With the box it hit 190 bhp but I messed the box up slightly playing with settign without disconnecting the battery so I think it was still on setting 6.

If ever I get it done again, the box will be correctly set of 8 and I would hope for 195 bhp+ from that change ;) but your figures are above what the car is supposed to produce and with the changes you have planned, you should see 170 bhp+ which ain't so bad :)

I'm actually almost 20bhp down.  The 595 should be 160bhp, but I only ran 143bhp.  Torque was about 165 if that's the figure you saw?

That's really good to get 190 with the TMC box though, and with the next setting should be even better.  Will be interesting to see how different the car drives in the higher setting too.   :)