Author Topic: Abarth Owners Club Events and Meets in 2022  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Abarth Owners Club Events and Meets in 2022
« on: December 24, 2021, 11:55:07 AM »
Whilst the 2021 Event Program had a very slow start, thanks to Lockdowns across the UK that made it impossible to get together until well into spring, every opportunity was taken to catch up with many events rescheduled and squeezed into a calendar that was already pretty full. I hope that you were all able to enjoy many opportunities to get together whether that was for small and local gatherings or at some of the larger events where Abarths regularly numbered into several tens and on occasion into the hundreds. There were many highlights for me, of which of course our very own Abarth Festival has sit at the top of the list, a truly special day out that delighted us all. We have every intention of repeating that in 2022 - bigger and better, learning from the 2021 event and taking on board your feedback.

We're not quite ready to announce Abarth Festival 2022 yet, but the majority of the other events that we will attend have published their dates. I've already announced most of these individually, and if you go onto the Events tab on the page, you will find details of each individual event and how to book (where this info is available. I thought you might find it helpful to have a consolidated list in one place. So here it is.

JAN

1st: Brooklands New Years Event - POSTPONED to 16th APRIL
2nd: Cheddar Gorge, in association with SWAG
16th: Project Auto, Shepton Mallett, in association with SWAG and B.A.D Abarth South Coast

FEB

Watch this space!

MAR

Also watch this space!

APR

16th: Brooklands New Years Event reschedule
18th: Provisional date for Abarth Spring Festival - Finedon
24th:  Simply Italian at Beaulieu, in association with AOC SSH, B.A.D Abath South Coast and others
30th:  Brooklands Auto Italia

MAY

22nd: Prescott Italia and Prescott Hill Climb, Glos
28th    Italian Passion for Speed, Cardiff Bay
29th:   Supercars on the Runway, Sywell, Northhants

JUN

12th:   Thruxton Historic Festival
25th   MITCAR (provisional date and venue tbc, likely to be in Derbyshire)

JUL

9th      Northern Italian Cars, with Auto Italia, at Raby Castle, Co Durham
16/17th: Shelsley Walsh Classic Nostalgia

AUG

14th:  Festival Italia at Brands Hatch
21st:  Tewkesbury Classic Vehicle Festival
27 - 29: Silverstone Classic

SEPT

4th:    Classic and Supercar Day at Salon Prive, Blenheim Palace

OCT

9th:    Brooklands Autumn MotorSport

More events will be added to this list as further dates are announced. And that's before you add in all the events that will be organised by the Regional Groups. It has been great to watch the launch and explosive growth of a number of new ones in 2021 (B.A.D Abarth South Coast, Three Counties and Berkshire among them) and also to see yet more activity and people getting involved in the more established Groups, of which we have an awful lot.

If you see something which you think could be of interest to our members, please get in touch and we will take a look at it.

Many people have been able to enjoy the various regular summer evening or "Cars and Coffee" style meets around the country. Most of these follow a formula, such as Ace Cafe holding Italian Night on the second Thursday of the month, and Shelsley Walsh's "Cars in the Valley" being the first Thurs of the month. Many of these have paused for the darkest winter months, and have yet to confirm that they will repeat what were very popular events with Abarth Owners and others during 2022 but I am sure they will do so shortly and I will add the details to this post when they do so.

Clearly, things could yet change, not least depending on government restrictions and the on-going Covid situation. The most uptodate information will be on the individual event description and so you should continue to monitor these regularly.   

« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 07:23:42 PM by Colin »
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline patrick byrne

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: HT66 KFY
Re: Abarth Owners Club Events and Meets in 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 02:46:14 PM »
Hi Colin. Thank for the post, very useful. Do you know if there will be an AOC discount package (and code) for the Silverstone Classic 2022? Many thanks Patrick

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 07:05:35 PM »
Yes, there is a Club Package for Silverstone Classic. It is already on the Facebook page. I will create a thread with the details on it here, too.

It replaced: 

Offline taylor_595x

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 04:41:30 PM »
Are dogs allowed at the Abarth Festivals?

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 08:59:08 AM »
I will confirm this in due course, but expect that they will be..... certainly at Finedon that won't be a problem.

It replaced: