Author Topic: Not bad for a whitey  (Read 10385 times)

Offline abarth dog

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Not bad for a whitey
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:23:35 AM »
Here is mine after a good hot wash, autoglym super resin then waxed with dodo juice diamond white and sealed with dodo juice red mist tropical for an extra sheen.

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Re: Not bad for a whitey
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 08:30:45 AM »
Looking good Dog but haven't we already spoke about this? ;)

The Red Mist is mainly a QD, it does offer a little additional protection but it is not a fully fledged synthetic sealant, if it was you would be applying that after the SRP then following it up with a coat of wax ;)

Also I hope you didn't put the Red Mist straight onto the car after you applied the wax?
Remember you have to let the wax cure for around 24 hours before using Red Mist as it has strong cleaning properties and would strip the fresh wax coat off the paintwork!

You have much to learn my young padawan ;)

But despite all that, the results look good!  8)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:32:20 AM by Brian1612 »
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline abarth dog

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 10:01:28 AM »
Looking good Dog but haven't we already spoke about this? ;)

The Red Mist is mainly a QD, it does offer a little additional protection but it is not a fully fledged synthetic sealant, if it was you would be applying that after the SRP then following it up with a coat of wax ;)

Also I hope you didn't put the Red Mist straight onto the car after you applied the wax?
Remember you have to let the wax cure for around 24 hours before using Red Mist as it has strong cleaning properties and would strip the fresh wax coat off the paintwork!

You have much to learn my young padawan ;)

But despite all that, the results look good!  8)

Never though light coloured cars would be so difficult to detail my master  ;D

I'm going to try that supernatural spritz  8)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »
Have it myself but haven't used it yet, have that many different things at the moment lol!

That is certainly a fully fledged sealant much like Tough Coat... but I am not 100% sure on what stage in the detailing routine it can be used.

As you already have a coat of wax down on the car (assuming you haven't removed it with the Red Mist!  ;)) typical sealants don't go down very well on top of wax, the wax stops it bonding to the paintwork typically... A sealant should be used after the car has been polished, then for extra depth of shine the wax goes on top of that. If you plan on using the supernatural spritz I would wash your car with washing up detergent to remove the wax layer, would give you the best durability out of your spritz!  8)
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline abarth dog

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 08:52:12 PM »
Have it myself but haven't used it yet, have that many different things at the moment lol!

That is certainly a fully fledged sealant much like Tough Coat... but I am not 100% sure on what stage in the detailing routine it can be used.

As you already have a coat of wax down on the car (assuming you haven't removed it with the Red Mist!  ;)) typical sealants don't go down very well on top of wax, the wax stops it bonding to the paintwork typically... A sealant should be used after the car has been polished, then for extra depth of shine the wax goes on top of that. If you plan on using the supernatural spritz I would wash your car with washing up detergent to remove the wax layer, would give you the best durability out of your spritz!  8)

I was chatting to the detailers on alfaowner and they are saying the same as you, polish, seal then wax.

Offline Salvos_white_abarth

• 695 Member
  • Abarth...the best thing since slice bread.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 09:12:55 PM »
That looks the dogs danglies! top work mate.

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 08:59:48 AM »
Not sure on the durability of your wax used Dog but I would hold of the sealant until you get 2+ months out of your wax then remove any left over wax with washing up liquid in a bucket then go with your Spritz, look forward to hearing your views and results on it as I have no plans to use it quite yet! ;) Could always test all a family members car I suppose lol
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash