Author Topic: First Abarth purchase incoming soon hopefully....  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Paulo

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
First Abarth purchase incoming soon hopefully....
« on: October 11, 2020, 05:54:14 PM »
Hi,

Looking to buy an Abarth to replace my recently sold Smart Brabus Roadster Coupe.

Car has to be an MTA as my wife will also be driving it.

Can anyone advise whether the 50th Anniversary Model came in a Cabrio format? I have also read about a possible paint issue with this model, can anyone shed any light on this?

I would prefer a Cabrio, however would also consider one with a panoramic roof, would need to be a Tourismo or Competzione. There are so many variations that it is difficult to try and compare one to another.

Just missed out on a good specification MTA Cabrio today, which has increased my need to get one sooner rather than later.

I have alerts set up on all the usual web-sites etc. and if anyone is thinking of selling theirs don’t hesitate or get in touch. I would prefer to buy from an enthusiast....

Thanks, Paul

Offline Paulo

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: First Abarth purchase incoming soon hopefully....
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 07:40:49 PM »
Help.....

We are somewhat torn between buying a 50th Anniversaro which is not a Convertible (sunroof or panoramic) or a Convertible....

I know the 50th Anniversaro has a great specification including 180 BHP engine, Brembo brakes, uprated suspension. However, I don’t know whether we would miss being able to lower the roof...

I have also read of some issues with the convertible roof, are they troublesome and likely to leak?

Has anyone had both a hatchback and convertible, who could give their opinion?

There are a few options up to our budget of circa £12K, and has anyone got any thoughts on whether the 50th Anniversaro would hold it’s value better than a similar age (2014) Tourismo convertible with 160 BHP.

Our decision isn’t helped by all the cars we are interested in being more than 200 miles away, especially in these challenging Covid-19 times... :-\

We would like to try and have a car sorted for the coming weekend, so it’s going to be a fun week trying to weigh up the pro’s and con’s of the various cars... :-X

TIA,

Paul