Author Topic: Unhappy Abarth  (Read 1287 times)

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Unhappy Abarth
« on: July 24, 2020, 01:47:43 PM »
Just tried to start my Spider for the first time since mid-March.  Didn't want to know - engine turned about twice, paused, then cranked continuously for about 10sec and stopped.  Three or four goes elicited the same response.  Stuck the Ctek charger on it, only 3 bars...  Gave it 24hrs then tried again.  This time the cranking was continuous, but still no start, tried three times.  Then did the usual computer thing of locking the car and unlocking it again - tried the starter button and this time it fired, very unevenly.  It was really lumpy for about 15-20sec, then began to clear.   Gave it a 15-mile run and it seems back to normal.
I guess it's all this horrible electronics, with drains going on all over the place taxing the battery.  The little Cooper S sits next to it and hasn't been run since last October.  Jumped in, pulled the choke out, three churns and up she fires, smooth as ever.  Progress?  I think not.

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: XXI5984
Re: Unhappy Abarth
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 07:54:22 PM »
I think you will find the electrics are fine i have heard of this before the oil drains from the multiair system it did happen to me but i was lucky and it started after a minute or so,mine is on a trickle charger for months at a time but i always start it every couple  of weeks.
Super Duper spider