Author Topic: Where to buy basic servicing materials?  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Where to buy basic servicing materials?
« on: June 08, 2020, 04:12:14 PM »
Hi guys

Our XSR has just had its 3rd and final dealer included service and 1st MOT.

All is well, but with the mileage we now do (car is 3 years old and has done 12k miles) only 750 in last 12 months, I reckon next year will not require a full service, merely oil, filter and possibly plugs.

I would still like to use Selinia oil and good quality filter and plugs.

Anybody got any recommendations where to buy online? Any advice on other stuff I might need to do (if capable 0f course).

Cheers

Andy

Offline Richard H

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LL16 PXK
Re: Where to buy basic servicing materials?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 09:09:02 PM »
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 09:12:20 PM by Richard H »

Offline Abarth 595 Competizione

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 06:04:11 AM »
Hi.

As Richard has said Shop For Parts are good, and very competitive too. (Bloody Selenia Oil is dear anywhere you go, but I wouldn’t use anything else in these engines.

I have my Oil and Oil Filter replaced twice a year along with the Plugs. Some may say it's silly, but I don't care, at 57 years of age I have done this with ALL of my cars. I am a big believer in preventative maintenance.

And when it comes to Air Filter, well Tom from Angel Tuning fitted a nice system for me that collects the cooler air from the outside via the scuttle tray, makes a Huge Difference I can tell you engine performance wise. (Much better for the engine and combustion than gathering hot air from a very hot engine bay.)
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 10:51:15 AM »
Thanks for both replies, very helpful, having sought to answer my own question I also looked at TMC Motorsport who do a service kit.

I agree about the selinia oil mind you!

I seem to remember reading ages ago that the oil drain plug is an odd size, is this correct? And what is the best solution, find the correct socket or buy a new plug?

Andy

Offline Abarth 595 Competizione

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 11:09:16 AM »
Sorry, can't help you re the size of the drain plug etc, Matt from ItaliaTec does all my servicing because getting underneath the car is just far too difficult at home.

I did see a replacement plug thing somewhere a while ago where you just turned a small valve and it drained, but I don't trust stuff like that, and Matt always pops a new brass washer on the sump plug anyway just to make sure.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.