Author Topic: Remember to charge batteries and turn the engine over.  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Remember to charge batteries and turn the engine over.
« on: May 06, 2020, 05:59:38 PM »
Hi all

As cars are sitting stationary for long periods now I thought on to remind all to keep the battery charged and occasionally start the engine.

I deliberately ran down the battery last week believing this conditions the battery better, succeeded in causing an issue or two when I started the engine today.  The warning lights to check the airbags came on but eventually went out, the engine warning light has however remained on. The engine runs fine so I believe it just needs resetting.

Can anybody help here with how to reset this warning?

Cheers and stay safe.

Andy

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: XXI5984
Re: Remember to charge batteries and turn the engine over.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 04:51:47 PM »
Hi Andy
Not sure about the 595 but I had a tyre pressure warning kept coming up even though I put the correct air in the tyres I managed to get rid of it buy going into the maintenance to turn it off.
I keep my car on an intelligent trickle charger that seems to work fine in fact I didn't start mine for 2 months and it started on the button.

Geoff
Super Duper spider

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 04:57:04 PM »
Hi Geoff

I have a trickle charger as well, just hadn't put it on for a while. Have now set up a diary reminder on the phone to charge once a month. Have noticed quite a lot of people in our area having to use jump leads as their cars have been left idle for so long.

As for tyre pressure, is the setting not in the normal menu, you should be able to accept the tyres as they currently are. I get this when I have put the winter wheels on / swapped again for summer. The warning comes on as the winters are 215 not 205's so trips the warning.

Andy

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: XXI5984
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 05:05:35 PM »
Hi Andy

I am working away most of the time so a trickle charger for me is essential and with the spider there have been a few cases when the cars left for long periods the oil drains from the multi air system but I have been lucky so far its always started be glad when its all over.

Geoff
Super Duper spider