Author Topic: Make shift quick detailer, wow!!!!  (Read 8587 times)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Make shift quick detailer, wow!!!!
« on: April 01, 2015, 07:15:32 PM »
So I was reading away online in work today about some different detailing products when I read something very interesting. Some of you may remember my first venture into car wax's was the armour all ultimate shield, brilliant product which gave decent results for around 2 months durability, It left some very nice beading and protection.

Anyway this guy wrote in very poor english with regards to said product and watering it down into a spray wax and how well it worked. I got in from work and thought I would give it a try with the left over armour all wax I was planning on only using on family cars. About 2 inches of it into a 500ml bottle and filled with water, good shake and mix. Gave half my bonnet a quick wash and sprayed this mixture on, wiped over and buffed off, all of 30 seconds and WOW.... nice enough finish, it is very slick, sprayed some water over both the auto finesse temptation end on the right(admittedly still dirty so likely not performing near its best here but still beading very well) and my make shift quick wax... the water was running off so quickly on the sprayed end I couldn't get a clear shot of the beads... see for yourself, I was blown away and have this to use along with AF glisten, now considering getting more of this armour all wax to make basically a wax detailing spray, Id say a £12 bottle of the stuff would easy make 2 litres of detailer spray so value for money is unreal, I urge anyone into detailing to try this, the results genuinely shocked me...  :o

---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline Salvos_white_abarth

• 695 Member
  • Abarth...the best thing since slice bread.
    • View Profile
Re: Make shift quick detailer, wow!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 08:00:34 PM »
jesus holly molly look at the beading on that! :O :D EPIC!

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Re: Make shift quick detailer, wow!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »
Really surprised me as well Salvos. A more fair test might be to try both Glisten and this armour/water water mix on 1 half of the bonnet each. I plan to give the car a full wash on friday but might test this on either my sister or dads car over a number of days to see which offers the best beading for the longest time.
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque