Author Topic: Few questions about Auto Finesse  (Read 12275 times)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Few questions about Auto Finesse
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:36:23 AM »
Curious about a few products from Auto Finesse and what there use is in a decontamination or general clean as I am a bit confused about it.

First of all, what exactly is Ultra Glaze? or even any Glaze for that matter  :o
It comes under the Polish section on the AF website but I was under the illusion you used this after a polish/pre wax or sealant cleanser for added shine before application of your chosen LSP.
Is that correct and if so is it worth adding it into my decontamination process where the car will be de-tarred, de-ironed and clayed before a Tripple polish then pre-wax cleanser before the Temptation wax?

This then brings me onto another type of product I haven't used or thought was necessary, a quick detailer.
I assume a quick detailer is used in between LSP applications to apply during general car washes to increase gloss with each wash and help your LSP survive longer, is that correct?
And out of the two, being Finale and Glisten, which is best for a good gloss shine? I think I am leaning more to the Glisten due to the wax content but reading the descriptions, it seems Finale was the successor to Glisten, does this make it better?

As for interior cleaners, what is there best?
I read on detailing world Spritz smells of Cotton Candy which appeals to me making it my number 1 choice but what are the others like as they also have Verso, Dressle and Total?
I am not after something that makes the dash shine, just something to lift dirt and dust off the dash and leave a nice smell.

Look forward to the replies, likely from Bertie the AF whore that he is  ;D
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline Bertie

• Founder Of AOC
  • Administrator
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club
  • Registration Number: F5 BSB
Re: Few questions about Auto Finesse
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 11:29:55 AM »
I was going to help but then you called me a whore ;)
Abarth 124 Spider | San Marino Black | Visibility Pack | Bose Audio | Satnav | #280 of 2000

Offline Bertie

• Founder Of AOC
  • Administrator
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 11:39:33 AM »
Ultra Glaze - A filling glaze to mask minor swirls and any other light defects. Adds gloss to your paintwork, probably not worth using on a very light car, works better on darker colours. Glazes just help hide any imperfections to save you from correcting the paint.

For you, just use your iron and tar remover, clay the car, then either use triple or rejuvinate, then apply your wax, as they both really do the same thing (tripple just has some fillers where rejuvinate doesnt).

The quick detailer is used for once youve washed and dried the car, and you may have water spots etc. Finale is great but is slightly different from glisten. I use finale all the time (especially with a black car) and it works nicely, it also helps aid wax removal.

Glisten was originally their QD, but Finale then replaced it. They have now brought back Glisten, this time a spray wax for topping up protection. Both different but both worth having! There is a glisten review thread on Detailing World under the AF section, check it out :)

For the interior I use spritz, which is like a QD for the inside. I just spray it onto a panel, and wipe over with a microfibre and its clean. And yes it smells lovely! Total is a much stronger cleaner for really dirty carpets or door panels etc.

Verso is their APC which you dilute down. Works great on engine bays, door shuts and can also be used in the interior on things such as rubber mats, door panels etc.

Dressle is a plastic and trim dressing. I use it on the engine bay, simply spray on, leave it for 5 minutes then give it a wipe over. Makes everything look nice and factory finish, and adds a nice scent too! I used to use it on my wing mirror covers, it gave good beading but then I switched to using Revive as it lasted longer!

So for the interior, go for Spritz.

For your pre wax, choose between Tripple or Rejuvinate.

If you can, get both Finale and Glisten :)

Hope this helps, punto whore ;)
Abarth 124 Spider | San Marino Black | Visibility Pack | Bose Audio | Satnav | #280 of 2000

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:31:19 PM »
Haha I suppose I have had 3 punto's.....  :-[ hopefully a 124 spider next though!  :-X

Thanks Bert, so for my needs regarding the detailers, I am looking at something to spruce up my temptation wax/tough coat sealant coats over the year for maintenance washes and icnrease durability, will Glisten be the better option for this then, if you had to pick one as it is a spray wax essentially?

Watermarks have never been an issue as I am very fast at drying the car!

Ok so the Glaze has been de-funked and I do not need, but are there any benefits to me using Tripple as the Polish to buff/fill up the paint before applying the Rejuvenate then wax, same question regarding Tough Prep and Tough coat?

Thanks,

Brian
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Bertie

• Founder Of AOC
  • Administrator
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 12:43:27 PM »
If you're going for one go for Glisten yes it will work well with the temptation and tough coat.

Pick rejuvenate or Tripple, its a waste using one after another, they do the same thing except one fills swirls and the other doesnt.

They would just remove one another regardless of which one you apply first :)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 01:05:11 PM »
Always a fountain of knowledge Bert!

Thanks for the good advice! No need to buy the Rejuvenate then, saved me about £13 as I was planning on getting it tomorrow!  ::)

I already have the Tough Prep but I assume this will be a worthwhile product to use before my Tough coat application in the Winter, apparently helps the Tough Coats durability? Please tell me I am at least right on this one thing haha!  :-[

There will be a wax coat on the car already before the Tough Coat so I assume the Tough Prep will remove this for a nice clean surface, helping the Tough Coat to take too?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:13:23 PM by Brian1612 »
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Bertie

• Founder Of AOC
  • Administrator
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 01:19:40 PM »
Yeah tough coat is a lightly abrasive paint cleaner, so will strip off any remaining wax :)

Yes Tough Prep gives you completely clean paint which is best for a sealant to adhere to, you apply it then buff it off ready for the tough coat.

Glad to help!

Bertie

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »
If ever we are at a meet that doesn't require us driving that day, I owe you a few pints Bert!  ;)
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 03:52:09 PM »
Another £50 spent... damn you Bert!

Glisten, Revive, Mint Rims and Spritz  ::)

Basically have a huge amount of detailing products now, a lot of AF, was contemplating the Satin wheel dressing but after a quick look on DW it has been praised for look and finish but durability is apparently non existent so avoided it. Megs endurance gives me 1-2 weeks easy right now with light rain, will finish that first before I try another tyre dressing!

Expect more reviews!  ;D
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash