Author Topic: How much effort to keep a wrapped car in great condition?  (Read 8342 times)

Offline Graeme838

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: C15 GMW
How much effort to keep a wrapped car in great condition?
« on: March 23, 2015, 11:05:55 PM »
Just realised a similar question has already been asked, but anyway:

I posted a couple of pictures in the General Chat forum, taken today at Motor Village London, of a pea-green wrapped 595...but I wonder how much effort would be needed to keep it looking like it does in the pictures?
Even if you are one in a million like your mum told you, that means there are 7500 people just like you on the planet...

Offline Bertie

• Founder Of AOC
  • Administrator
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club
  • Registration Number: F5 BSB
Re: How much effort to keep a wrapped car in great condition?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:07:52 AM »
It depends whether the car is wrapped in something glossy or matte.

But as a rule of thumb, just mild shampoo to wash, quick detailer for removing water spots, and wax or sealant is okay on a gloss wrap, but not advised on a matte one.

With matte, you also need to quickly remove any bird droppings or stains!

Hope this helps,

Bertie
Abarth 124 Spider | San Marino Black | Visibility Pack | Bose Audio | Satnav | #280 of 2000

Offline jackslade

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: How much effort to keep a wrapped car in great condition?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »
I have a wrapped bonnet and spoiler, only thing I find thats a pain is people always have to rub there hand across it, and if they are wearing rings it does mark. I am also having the small panel between top of windscreen and roof wrapped soon, as I have stone chips with are unsightly. Cheaper than respray.
I wipe mine over with Armor All Protectant, less area to polish.
Black Abarth 500 Esseesse 2011, , red stripes & mirrors, red leather, monza, Android head unit, cruise control, cat 1 & anti hijack alarm system, auto close windows, acci cam, Piaa DRL's. 2 seater. Wrapped Bonnet & spoiler(carbon Fibre)