Author Topic: Replacing standard horn  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Heathside12

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: WM 18 EWU
Replacing standard horn
« on: November 24, 2019, 03:19:32 PM »
Good Afternoon everyone, I have just purchased an 18 plate 595 abarth. Love it to bits. Unfortunately the horn is totally useless for a car of this type. I have bought a air horn as a replacement. Apparently the original horn is built in to the front panel and quite a bi1g job.
I don't want to have to take the whole thing apart. Does anyone else have any ideas of how to fit the new horn without taking the whole front apart

Offline CJ

• 695 Member
  • Dino Abartho
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: DN10WMV
Re: Replacing standard horn
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 01:59:47 PM »
Hello
The horn is located underneath front nearside (passenger) headlight to the right & down from the battery. It is possible to get to it but space is tight down there, another way to get to it is to remove the front wheel and wheel liner. This is a 2010 version  :)

CJ

Got the first post wrong  ::)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 03:08:35 PM by CJ »
2010 RossoSfr Essesse~ATM Intercooler~FORGE Intake Actuator BOV~Powermotive CAT Back Exhaust~HPSI Hoses~Bluespark~MTEC SS~PC680 Lightweight Battery~Direnza Coilovers~5F/10R Spacers~17x7 EC SanremoCorse-215/40 Goodyear F1-a little sprinkle of Alcantara

Offline Heathside12

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: WM 18 EWU
Re: Replacing standard horn
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 08:58:34 PM »
Thank you for that, I will have another look,. All I need is the wire from the horn to connect to the replacement