Author Topic: Abarths at Brooklands New Year's Day meet - 1st January 2020  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Abarths at Brooklands New Year's Day meet - 1st January 2020
« on: November 14, 2019, 05:08:23 AM »
What better start to the New Year could there be than to attend one of the many Car Meets that take place that day? You might think that the nation spends the 1st January recovering from the celebrations of the night before, and whilst that is doubtless the case for some, plenty are only too keen to get out of the house and to go and look at cars.

The largest New Year's Day gathering of all in the UK takes place at Brooklands, and the site is typically packed with in excess of 1000 cars of all ages, from those which are over 100 years old to modern supercars . Abarth Owners Club attended in 2019, with a display of a dozen cars, and I've now registered us for the 2020 event so we can enjoy it all over again. After some rather unpleasant interactions with a neighbouring Club in 2019, I have agreed with the Brooklands staff that we will be parked in the "Sports and Supercars" part of the event, which is, honestly, where we belong. I have also promised that there will be no repeat of anyone revving their engines relentlessly, which occasioned a complaint that reached my in box a couple of days after the event.     

Car Club arrangements are different to those pertaining to those with a single car to display. That means that you need to remit your payment to me, before 14th December, I will then get the tickets with requisite parking pass and distribute them to you all.

Adult tickets cost £14.50. There is a slightly reduced rate for "seniors", and children's tickets are £8. Brooklands members get in free, but I still need to order a ticket for you with a parking pass, for which I will need your membership number.

If you definitely want to come, please contact me directly - via PM on the forum, on Facebook Messenger or by email, colin@abarthownersclub.com

I look forward to welcoming in 2020 with as many of you as possible.
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals