Author Topic: First thoughts on 2020 Events  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
First thoughts on 2020 Events
« on: October 14, 2019, 08:01:41 AM »
With the Brooklands Autumn MotorSport event now some happy memories and an album of photos, our 2019 events season has more or less concluded. Thank you to everyone who came to one or more of the things we have done in 2019. It's been quite a year and certainly I have lots of memories of great events, meeting lots of fellow Abarths and some taking part in some special activities, ranging from the recent road trip to Milan, the parade lap at Silverstone Classic, the charge up the hill at Shelsley Walsh and all the we spent arranging cars at Broadway Tower on one of the hottest days of the year so we could get the perfect group shot being just a few of he year's highlights. I hope you have all enjoyed the program as much as I have.

Planning for 2020 has already started. Just yesterday I registered the Club for the 2020 Silverstone Classic, and so will be posting details soon on how to acquire tickets. During the next few weeks, most of the major events that we attend will announce their proposed dates and this will enable me to compile an event listing for the year much as I have done in previous years.

Once that is in place, we can see where there are gaps to organise our own events, including a couple of foreign Road Trips. Current thoughts are to head over to Spa in Belgium for the SpaItalia event, which is usually held in June, and then later in the year - perhaps early September - to return to Italy, to Turin to take in Abarth Classiche and the FCA Heritage Hub, as well as another of the Alpine Passes. It would also seem that there will be an Abarth Day in 2020 - somewhere in Europe, and as soon as I can get a clue on date and country I will let everyone know so you can make sure you can attend. 

If anyone has ideas of other events we could attend, or venues we could visit, and driving days we could undertake, please do share them and let's see if we can fill the diary even more in the coming year than we have done todate.
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline A

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: EK19XYB
Re: First thoughts on 2020 Events
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 02:42:29 PM »
Hello Colin

I've just joined the Club with the purchase of an Abarth124, which is completely awesome.

Being new here I wanted to ask the simple question. Are these meets/events open to all, ie 124 owners too. If I was to attend one, which one do you recommend. I live South of Oxford and North of Reading.

I had thought of trying to arrange through this and other Abarth Forums a simple meet of 124 owners at a say a country pub in the Spring. I felt a small meet up of a few owners would be really cool, sharing personal experiences and seeing whtat solutions others have done. Would this be looked down upon, seen as negative or would suggesting a date and a location be perfectly OK. Or is someone doing this already in Oxfordshire and therefore I can just turn up to their meet.

On a wider note I have found this Forum a great source of information. Its brilliant to be able to ask questions and see what issues others are having and all the great solutions and support available. Thank you everyone.

I now wave and flash at every Abarth I see, happy driving all.

ATB

Andrew

EK19XYB

Offline Pikeyboy

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 09:26:40 PM »
well said 'A' it is nice that the folk on here are respectful whilst being very knowledgeable!!!

& for you Colin - something in Scotland would be brilliant... in 2020.

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 05:01:07 PM »
So, all events are open to everyone, of course.

There is a lot more discussion on Facebook, of course, about events, and ideas........ and all the Regional Groups, the Punto Collective and the 124 Owners Club are Facebook only, so whilst I can appreciate some may wish not to join up on Facebook, you probably are missing out on things if you only visit here, even though I do try to copy all Facebook event info on here so no-one misses out.

Can't promise we will do anything in Scotland, but there is an Abarth Scotland group and they do run a number of events north of the border, and a little south of it is Abarth North East who are also very active.

Bit early to tell exactly what 2020 will hold in store, but if you scroll down you will find the summary for 2019 post, which contains a good indication of some (but not quite all, as a few got added) of the things we've done this year.  Silverstone Classic was a highlight for many - tickets went on sale on Friday, will put a post up with the details later today.

Hope that helps.   
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline A

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: EK19XYB
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 09:01:08 PM »
That’s great Colin, thanks for the info.