Author Topic: New Abarth 595 Comp  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Doubledragonxx

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
New Abarth 595 Comp
« on: August 30, 2019, 12:03:11 PM »
I got this roughly a month ago, landed up driving from Hampshire down to Somerset to pick it up and so glad I made the journey.  I had been looking for a while and having a very specific list of must haves made things difficult so when this came up I jumped at the opportunity.  I had already missed out on a couple of other Abarths so wasn't going to let this one slip through my fingers.  Originally a demo car it  was nicely spec'd with Beats Speakers, 7" SatNav, Arkapovic exhaust, Carbon dashboard etc...  They also spec'd it with no rear windscreen wiper so  nice clean lines at the back and they also stuck on some carbon effect brake fins which look really good in the flesh.

This is my second Abarth, previously had series 1 however due to personal circumstances which basically boils down to the wife not being happy turning up to client meetings in a car with red chequered roof and red scorpion on the bonnet it had to go.   I was gutted I sold it and always said I'd get another one when the time was right.   The new one is a totally different beast from my old car, don't get me wrong my previous Abarth 135bhp was very nippy but with this stick it in 3rd gear and plant your foot the accerlaration is brutal and the noise from the Arkrapovic exhaust is pure bliss.   I am considering a remap and lowering springs from www.ahmotorsports.co.uk in the not to distant future.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 05:07:35 PM by Doubledragonxx »

Offline Richard H

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LL16 PXK
Re: New Abarth 595 Comp
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 09:33:44 AM »
I really like it.

Personally, I'd leave it as it is, it looks great and I doubt squeezing a few more horses from it would be worth it, but that's my opinion, its your car!

Offline 370steve

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: S3FRR
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 09:09:08 AM »
Nice, looks just like my new Esseesse, same colour.

Offline 137699

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 11:54:26 AM »
I really like it.

Personally, I'd leave it as it is, it looks great and I doubt squeezing a few more horses from it would be worth it, but that's my opinion, its your car!

Agree. The 12 year old 500 chassis it's based upon is pretty rubbish and 180hp is about the ragged edge of what it's capable of without putting it in a ditch.
The car is great for straight line hooliganism but show it bends and it's flaws are all too obvious.

Offline Booster

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RE10UUZ
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »
I really like it.

Could not agree more! People ruin their cars over-modifying them! 595s from the factory look awesome!