Author Topic: Hello and help  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Josh

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Hello and help
« on: August 07, 2019, 04:29:18 PM »
Hi all,
I am in the process of buying my first abarth. I have seen 2 cars in mind at opposite ends of the spectrum. The first is a 595 competitzione with a big spec. Electric sunroof, beats, xenons, tan leather, carbon alcantara wheel, and probs a few extras I forgot. This is on the top end of my budget (15k). Secondly is a 'normal' 595. No gadgets bar the standard stuff but 4k cheaper which could upgrade the cloth interior with strange glory hole's in the seat which I'm not a fan of 👀  and perhaps some more power and still have saved some money for extras.

I suppose what I am most unsure about is the power difference. Has anyone had a chance to compare the 180 to 140 abarths? I understand the comp has brembos, exhaust and bigger turbo? What power can you get out of the 140. My thinking being is it possible to get to 180-200 on that turbo (please confirm it is actually different just going by a single source I just read up on) I just don't want to feel like I have missed out and regret getting the 140 but if there is a map and few bits I can do and still save money might help make my decision?

Or stop being tight and fork out for the fancy one which will probably hold its value better in the long run.

This will be for a new daily, any other advice or pointers to look out for please let me know. Also anyone selling an abarth let me know. Has to be a face-lift,  in white, black or grey (colourful guy)

Currently driving a Mk2 Ford Focus ST3 with a mountune stage one (270bhp)

Thank you for any help and hope to be on here to show off the chosen purchase soon.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:32:31 PM by Josh »

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: XXI5984
Re: Hello and help
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 08:11:39 PM »
Why not go for a Turismo you will get a good one for around 12
Super Duper spider

Offline 137699

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 10:18:58 AM »
The 140 has the IHI turbo which can be taken to about 170hp with a remap.
The 165 Turismo & 180 Comp have the Garrett turbo which can be taken to well over 220hp.

As above - the Turismo is the one to buy. The comp has incredibly uncomfortable seats and mechanically isn't really much different to the Turismo.

Offline Josh

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 12:40:00 AM »
That's really useful thanks for clarifying. Sounds like turismo or the comp is the one I need. Seem one of either that would be suitable now so will book a test drive over the weekend.