Author Topic: Which model do I want! New abarth buyer needs help!  (Read 1331 times)

Offline The Converted

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: AE63XRU
Which model do I want! New abarth buyer needs help!
« on: July 13, 2019, 09:04:54 PM »
Hi everyone , sorry if it's been asked before  but I couldn't  find anything  on search. 

Can you guys break the models down for me, whats different?  I think I want a 595 turismo, or if I can find one the 180bhp version?  but not sure what model this actually is? But then why wouldn't  I just find a low mileage Esseesse? That's the same output as the turismo?

Basically  I have the value of my focus st3 plus maybe 1k to spend  so max 9k, that
Look to give me quite a Big choice of 500s. 

Thanks for your  help. 

Offline 137699

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Which model do I want! New abarth buyer needs help!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 10:07:41 AM »
The essesse is the older model. Until they brought out the Turismo & Competizione models, all you could buy was the basic 500 which if you wanted more power from you bought the Esseesse upgrade for.

Standard 500/595 gets 135/140/145hp and comfy suspension.
Turismo gets 160/165hp, intermediate suspension (FSD on the front) & more luxuries
Competizione gets 180hp, hard suspensions (FSD on front & rear), bigger brakes and (unless spec'd otherwise on the very latest models) chronically uncomfortable Sabelt seats.

There are also limited run versions such as the Trofeo, Yamaha, Ferrari & Rivale.

Elaborazione kits exist to upgrade Standard > Turismo > Competizione (effectively a rebrand of what the Esseesse kits offered before).
Or you can take your car to Tune4Performance in Watford and get Tony to upgrade it for a fraction of the cost.