Author Topic: Fiat 124 Reversing Camera Fitted  (Read 3212 times)

Offline BmBusa

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: ae68ffz
Fiat 124 Reversing Camera Fitted
« on: May 30, 2019, 04:03:06 PM »
Has anyone had the reversing camera fitted as per the Fiat 124 Lusso Plus? I PX'd my Fiat 124 for the Abarth, and great car though it was, its the only thing I miss about it! I'm interested in having it done on the Abarth if it can be integrated with the standard screen, electrics etc. so any recommendations for who can do it, idea of costs etc. much appreciated. Thanks

Offline kennedylanduk

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LR66 VXY
Re: Fiat 124 Reversing Camera Fitted
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 04:31:43 PM »
If you have a search for reversing camera on 124spider.org, you'll find instructions to do it yourself. I've bought the parts, but haven't had time to do the install yet (it's quite involved, you need to remove some of the dash to get at the back of the stereo).

Offline Brooko

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 06:11:35 PM »
I fitted one works fine- but you have remember it’s not a factory fitment so no warning beeps and the distance markers are not accurate but it is nice to be able to see what’s behind (small child/concrete Ballard etc).
Only thing I don’t like is the spindly camera wire I had to route through the right side of the boot as the existing rubber boot conduit didn’t really have enough to room to pass the connection plug through, although I am confident this could be done with the connector cut off then re crimped after ( a job for the spring).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 06:14:23 PM by Brooko »

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: XXI5984
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 08:43:54 PM »
good idea
Super Duper spider

Offline Carpasio

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: C9WLY
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »
Just bought the kit from https://124spider.uk/.  He will install for you for £50

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 07:37:30 PM »
I am useless at that sort of thing
Super Duper spider

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 09:55:58 PM »
Thanks for the link - I've ordered one for installation, will let you know how it goes.

Offline stuclark

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LJ18MYS
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 10:25:39 PM »
As Carpasio said, I can supply fully plug and play kits to install a reversing camera that looks 100% OEM; the only downside being the distance markers aren't dynamic.

The kits take about 2 hours to fit yourself, with absolutely no cutting or soldering or any other alterations to the vehicle required. Or, as stated, I can fit the kit for you in a little less time, obviously for an extra charge.

Full details are available on my 124 website at https://124spider.uk - where I'll also be adding other tidbits and add-on information.

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 10:50:45 PM »
I’d like to endorse Stuart’s service - he fitted one of his kits for me today, and it is excellent. The coloured grid is not dynamic but still give a helpful indication of distance, and the image is very clear.  And he manages to get the cable inside the rubber conduit to the bootlid!
Great job Stu, thanks again.

Roger

Offline Carpasio

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: C9WLY
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 08:12:55 PM »
Beautiful day in lockdown - nothing exciting to do so I finally decided to have a go at installing Stuart's (Stuclark) reversing camera.  I was hoping to have him do it but with current state of affairs this could have been months away as there is no way I can get to his place.  Anyway I managed to do it without too much hassle following Stu's excellent instructions to the letter.  I would suggest if I can do this then anyone can. Unbelievable upgrade for the price www.124spider.uk

Offline A

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: EK19XYB
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2020, 09:51:14 PM »
A great addition to the car. It just has to stop one knock and it’s paid for itself. Having just moved to a camera on another car I find it actually really helpful and enables more accurate parking. So I am now looking forward to using this on the 124.

If you are thinking of doing this my personal view is read the instructions and if you have doubts over your abilities pay the money and have it fitted by Stu.

I have checked with my car insurance and they said a camera did NOT count as a modification. Which is great as if anything it reduces the chance of a claim!

One question. The tweaks 21st century website has the CMU option of semi transparent reversing indications on the display. Does anyone know if this can be applied to a UK model with parking sensors. I had added the tweak but the camera display shows nothing. I’ve now removed the tweak and still nothing. So I suspect this is a US only feature on factory fitted cameras and sensors. However I thought I would ask just in case any expert out there had seen anything that would allow me to add this feature.

Cheers Stu, great web site and camera system.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:21:02 PM by A »

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 07:23:40 PM »
Im going to get one fitted soon by a guy in the owners club called Stuart Clark £160 fitted with a wide angle camera ive just got to get my car down to London to get it done .

Geoff
Super Duper spider