Author Topic: Abarth Midsummer Event: Classic Motor Hub to Caffeine & Machine, 29 June  (Read 825 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Having tested the levels of interest in holding the Abarth Owners Club Summer BBQ event at the Caffeine & Machine, just outside Stratford on Avon, as I got a positive response, I have gone ahead and made a booking. This will take place from the late afternoon and into the evening of Saturday 29th June. Let's hope for some splendid summer sunshine to go with what will be one of the latest sunsets of the year.

I can now announce that I have expanded the program of activities for the day.

We will start out at another recently opened venue which has also fast made of name for itself as a mecca for car enthusiasts, the Classic Motor Hub, which is situated just outside Bibury. The Classic Motor Hub comprises both a classic car sales and restoration business with a storage location, so you can be sure that there will be several million £ of cars on site to see. And we will have our own display area as well. And to add further interest, I have invited the SWIPE (South West Italian Performance Enthusiasts) to join us - which means that we should get an array of Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Fiat and Maserati. There are some very nice cars indeed among the members, and there Is one Maserati - known as the MASBO - which you might just find is louder than the loudest Abarth!

The Classic Motor Hub will welcome us from 10am, and will have coffee and tea available. At around 1pm, we will adjourn. Those who want to go direct to Caffeine & Machine can do so. It is 30 miles, straight up the A429 Fosse Way. But I have planned a slightly longer route which will take us over to a stop at Broadway Tower, for some scenic views into the valleys below and then through Chipping Camden, one of the loveliest of all Cotswold villages. There will be ample time to enjoy the scenery and the roads, and to take lots of photos and videos. We will have a private area at Caffeine & Machine, but there should be plenty of other cars and bikes there to pique your interest as well.

This event has been conceived so you can do all of it or just any of the piece parts and yet still have fun. There is no event cost as such, but we do need to clear a minimum spend at Caffeine & Machine (the BBQ will most likely be on a pay for what you eat and drink basis).

To help me gauge numbers, it would be helpful if as well as saying you are coming, you could indicate in which elements of the day you to plan to participate.   
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals