Author Topic: Bad news or good?  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Brooko

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: XXI5984
Re: Bad news or good?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 09:12:23 AM »
Fantastic news as far as I am concerned that means there will be less spiders on the road its the same engine as the 595s so no problems for parts so I am happy but I don't think that makes it a future classic not unless you buy one at 20 do just a few miles a year and keep it in a garage then if you sell it when your 60 you might get some money back,but as I said I am happy the less I see them on the road the better I dnt want to be driving a cat that everyone else has got but as I say that just my OPINION.

Cheers Geoff
Super Duper spider

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 09:30:32 AM »
Ah, the forum's back.

As long as parts supply continues to be supported, it can't really hurt...
...but there will be a lot of model-specific parts for our cars which won't be available elsewhere.  In view of the chassis, suspension and brake mods over the donor car, don't expect any parts support there from Mazda.  Similarly gearbox and, presumably, clutch, as I don't think anything else in the FCA line-up has this drivetrain in this orientation - and particularly not anything similarly sporty.  Obviously all trim is Abarth-specific too.
I'm used to classic BMWs whose obsolete-model support is pretty good, if sometimes slow.  Not sure FCA will match them, though.  The good part is that they still seem to be making the car in LHD, which will help.

Offline jrcentury

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: YX18LXD
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 04:15:55 PM »
It's not the same engine as the 595. One is the multi air and one is the T jet. But there are other cars with the multi air engine.

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 09:51:23 PM »
There will be no problem with getting part for many years the come these cars are still being sold in other parts of the world so there is no need to worry
Super Duper spider

Offline BmBusa

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: ae68ffz
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 03:31:50 PM »
No problem for me, brought it to keep after considering literally everything else with two seats, a drop top and up to what I paid when I brought mine new. Figured the low tax, fuel economy and running costs together with the modern fun drive and hopefully reliability over the time I plan to own it would offset the deprecition I would take, that I wouldn't have had if I'd brought an Elise, Boxster, 350z etc. Time will tell! Like the fact you don't see many now, so less on the road is great, just a shame for anyone else who wants one and gets what they're about. Just dropped mine off for some warrenty work, and if the prices they are advertising on the forecourt are what you end up paying, anyone who wants one now should jump in. From what I can see its an Abarth for Fiat 124/MX 5 money -  great cars but no contest at that price IMHO  :)

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 05:24:01 PM »
I also keeping mine I always keep my cars for years and as im coming up to retirement age I think the car will out live me ha ha  I got mine as an ex demo less than 8 months old and 900 miles manual over a year ago now thousands cheaper than new I think most of the spiders now for sale are autos which are most probable good cars, but I  wonder why mainly autos left  I think most people like manual,i have  seen cars the same year as mine the same price and more than I paid for mine over a year ago but the most important thing to me is you don't see many on the road and that's priceless.
Super Duper spider

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 02:03:37 PM »
Lets just hope they don't reintroduce it with the 1.7 engine from the Alfa 4c. That will kill the value of ours.

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 07:58:50 PM »
I cant see that happening from what I can see now most of the cars left are autos
Super Duper spider