Author Topic: Brooklands Auto Italia - Sat 4th May 2019  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Brooklands Auto Italia - Sat 4th May 2019
« on: March 08, 2019, 09:05:32 PM »
Taking place for the 34th time on Saturday 4th May, the Brooklands Auto Italia is the biggest event for Italian Cars in the UK, and as anyone who has attended in the past will already know, this is simply unmissable for those who love their Abarths, Alfa. Fiat, Lancia, Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini and doubtless a handful of other much rarer marques that will attend. Over 1000 cars typically join in, and the site is usually packed for the whole day. The format for 2019 remains much as in previous years, with a lunchtime track display of some of the more special cars (invitations come from the organisers and there are unlikely to be places for AOC members), and the Test Hill is open mid afternoon for those who relish the challenge (and you can sign up for that one).

A number of changes are being introduced this year, which it is hoped will address some of the issues people have raised in the past. Abarth parking will be in a new area, on the banking, under the Vickers bridge. This will give both us, and the Alfa Owners Club more space, which both marques so desperately need, and will enable far more of our cars to be parked together. Entrance to the event for us will be through the entrance from Mercedes-Benz World (so, not the main entrance or the one we used last year). And most importantly, to help prioritise getting Abarth Owners Club cars all together rather than mixing in cars belonging to those who are not affiliated to a Club, there will be a downloadable A4 windscreen pass which you will need to display as you arrive. This will be available from me, by email, so please contact me (via PM on Facebook or the AOC Forum, or by emailing colin@abarthownersclub.com) to give me the email address to which you would like it to be sent. Note that without it, the marshals will likely direct you to "overflow" parking on the day.

You can buy tickets on the day, but I strongly recommend that you purchase them in advance, as this will speed your entry into the site on the day, and will offer you a small cost saving. Tickets are available by going to: https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/auto-italia-italian-car-day 

Gates open at 8:30am. In recent years, the site officials have held pretty firm on this and have resolutely resisted any temptations to open up early. So please do not arrive much in advance of this time. With our own separate entrance, we should be able to get in relatively easily, and with the extra space and AOC parking pass, you are much more likely to be able to park with your fellow AOC members than was the case in the past.

I would also like to request that all attendees kindly respect the rules of the site, and refrain from unnecessary revving of their engines when parked up. Please also be aware that only assistance dogs are permitted on site.

I look forward to seeing the biggest turn out of Abarths yet at this fantastic event.   
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline Gooseuk

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Brooklands Auto Italia - Sat 4th May 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 06:49:49 AM »
Hi sent you pm about windscreen pass thanks
Lee

Offline Pretzzull

• Barely Abarth
  • Abarth & Italian Car Lover
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: N8 NDP
Re: Brooklands Auto Italia - Sat 4th May 2019
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 08:37:42 AM »
Went to last years and was brilliant, really looking forward to it this year. I've sent you an email Colin. Thank you
2015 Fiat 500 Abarth 595 Trofeo Tjet 140 & 2017 Abarth 124 Spider 1.4 T MultiAir