Author Topic: Show us your wax and sealants  (Read 6853 times)

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: T50 PEY
Show us your wax and sealants
« on: March 19, 2015, 06:47:52 PM »
So what's everyone using? Here's my selection and views I'm no expert so just my personal opinions ;D
From left to right

Bilt Hamber Autobalm. Synthetic sealant fills minor swirls,used to use this on my white 500 using a damp applicator spreads really well 1 panel at a time then buff off with plush MF towel will also protect chrome and alloys 2-3 coats would see out the winter
Bottom
Finish Kare 1000p
Hi Temp synthetic sealant, I use this for wheel and exhaust protection,damp applicator 2 coats 2-3 hrs apart lasts 3 months plus on mine,also a great body sealant for winter although I haven't used it as such
Next top
Soft 99 Authentic Carnuba wax
Large tin and fantastic value at about £30,comes with an applicator although that's best used for tyres! and a 3 purpose tool in the lid consisting of a brush,pick and opener.apply thinly with a primed applicator leave for 5 mins and buff off leave about 2-3 hrs between coats I usually do 2 coats and 1 more after the next wash,
Leaves a glossy finish with great beading and sheeting protection lasts 3-6 months
Bottom
Soft 99 Fusso Dark
Again large tin even better value at about £20 also comes in light flavour
Synthetic sealant with PTFE,apply with damp applicator spread thinly 1-2 panels at a time leave for 5-10 mins then buff off,2-3 hrs between coats,fusso advise not to wash again for 24hrs, leaves a glossy reflective finish,I did my neighbours black Cooper with 2 coats of this in Oct and it easily lasted until March,says on the tin 12 months protection I don't know about that but easy get 6-7 months,I really like soft 99 products and pound for pound are probably the best I have
Next up
Swissvax Scuderia and Swissvax shield
Scuderia I use in the summer supposedly made for Italian paintwork,I prep using Swissvax cleaner fluid before using the wax,apply thinly I do the whole car before buffing, 2 coats again 2-3 hrs between coats ,wet look finish looks great and lasts through the summer,I bought this second hand  so is it worth the £115 a pot new? I don't think so tbh
Shield.winter Sealant with PTFE easy to apply spread thinly I do 1-2 panels at a time then buff off,I applied 2 coats to mine in Oct plus 1 more after the next wash and was still protecting in March so does what it says but again expensive at £130 a pot,I got this in an exchange for some vintąge razors from my collection but I wouldn't pay for a new pot,Fusso would be a good alternative
Next Bouncers salute the fruit
Hand made wax,smells like a fruit cocktail mmmm,apply with damp applicator less is more leave 2-3 mins buffs off easily and leaves a wet look finish, I'm wearing this now 2 coats over AF tripple looks great good for 3months plus
Waxamomo seductive watermelon
Only used this once it's a show wax lasts about  2-3weeks easy to apply and buff off leaves a glossy wet look finish
Finally
Angelwax Halo and Dark Angel
Halo is a synthetic paste wax can be used on every surface especially good on plastic trim,rubber and glass as well as bodywork spread thinly leave 2-3 mins buff off protects for 6 months,fantastic on my shower cubicle glass too!
Dark Angel my favourite summer wax,has the same pigment as black paint and can mask minor swirls,I apply with a damp applicator to 1panel at a time leave for 2-3 mins and buff off with plush MF leave 2-3 hrs between coats, I do 2 coats and 1 more after next wash, Dark Angel leaves a superb glossy wet look finish especially over a glaze I use prima amigo, beads and sheets brilliantly
Also got a panel pot of Black Magic Detail Sirius but haven't used it yet
Well there's my reviews I'm no expert but hopefully somebody might find them useful ;D

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:51:46 PM by Tonyspurs »
Abarth 595C Turismo-Scorpion Black-BTB bypass exhaust- Scorpion 200 cell Cat- JFA stage 1 remap-Esseesse Wheels,CF mirror caps- Hydro dipped CF Dash, boot handle,stereo and climate control facias - Matt black custom decals - Heko's,- Pioneer double din install- Go fast red sport button surround ;-)