Author Topic: Abarth Owners Club Meets and Events in 2019  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Abarth Owners Club Meets and Events in 2019
« on: December 31, 2018, 04:40:17 PM »
I've already announced a few events for 2019, and there is a dedicated event thread for each, with details on how to book your place, and more will follow in the coming weeks and months. In advance of these, I thought it would be helpful to post a consolidated list now, so that you can all mark up your diaries now, and hold the dates now. This list will be added to, as not every venue has confirmed their plans for 2019, but here's a good starter set of events where we will have a presence, in most cases with our own display area, and in many cases special club discounts on admission charges. 

Brooklands New Years Day - Tues 1st Jan
Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble - Sun 6th Jan
Horsham Italian Festival - Sat 20th - Sun 21st Apr
"Drive It" Day - Bicester Heritage - Sun 28th April
Brooklands Auto Italia - Sat 4th May
Donington Historic Festival - Fri 3rd May  - Sun 5th May
Stratford Festival of Motoring - Sun 5th May  - Mon 6th May
Italian Classics at the Villa - Sun 12th May
La Vita Rosso at Prescott Hill Climb - Sat 25th- Sun 26th  May
Italian Passion for Speed - Cardiff Bay - Sun 9th June
Bedfordshire Italian Cars - Sharnbook Hotel, nr Bedford - Sun 23rd June
Cars in the Park - Lichfield -Sat 5th - Sun 6th July
Brooklands Supercar Sunday - Sun 14th July
"Quay for my Car", Poole Harbour
- TBD (usually a Fri, mid July)
Silverstone Classic - Fri 27th - Sun 29th July
Brands Hatch Festival Italia - Sun 18th Aug
MITCAR - TBD Aug
Bridgnorth Italian Auto & Moto Festival - Sun 1st Sept
Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble - Sun 6th Oct
Brooklands Autumn MotorSport Festival -  Sun 13th Oct

Separate threads will be created for each individual event, with full details not just of the location and timing, but also instructions on how to acquire tickets to make sure that you are part of the Abarth presence at them. The first couple of threads have already been posted, as I already have some details agreed with the organisers, and more will follow. Please pay special attention to the closing date to buy your tickets. In most cases this is well before the event itself. Coming to me a couple of days before hand asking if you are too late will almost inevitably result in confirmation that you are!

There's plenty of space to add more to this list, so if you see something that you think would be of interest, then please do not hesitate to send me your suggestions.

In addition, I am planning to hold two or three Abarth Owners Club specific events. Hold your diaries for the first one, which is likely to be on Sun 3rd March, in the Midlands - details to be announced as soon as I have confirmations from the venues. 

As many of you know, 2019 marks the 70th anniversary of the founding of the Abarth Company, and there are going to be big celebrations. Abarth UK, under the guise of the Scorpionship, have big plans for this, but details are still under wraps. Bertie and I are scheduled to meet with Abarth UK early in the New Year to discuss our respective plans, and as soon as I have dates, I will let you know so you can at least hold the dates.

With the rise of a large number of Regional Groups in 2018, most of which arrange their own events, largely for members in their immediate geographies, this does all mean that you are not going to be short of things to do in 2019. But if you have ideas for other things, please do feel free to get in touch........ and I would be particularly to hear from anyone who can help with planning routes for driving days around the country.

You may also wish to consider one of the many popular Breakfast Club style meetings that take place all around the country. Some of the more popular ones are these:   

Ace Cafe Italian Night - second Thursday of every month. There are events at Ace almost every night, but Italian Night is by some margin the best, and is usually well supported with all manner of interesting cars. In 2018 we consistently outnumbered Alfa Romeo, but some months there were more Maserati there (I know, I contributed to that, as I usually had my Ghibli rather than my Abarth!).
Goodwood Breakfast - the 2019 program has not yet been announced. In 2018 there were 5 of them during the year, each with a theme, only one of which fitted with our cars. We will have to see what 2019 holds. These meets gets very busy now, and you have to pre-book well in advance with a theme-compliant car, and even to secure general parking  but are a great morning out, and the bacon is particularly tasty, though!
Coventry Transport Museum Breakfast - tend to be on a Saturday morning - program on the museum's website. Note that they require display cars to be over 20 years old
Haynes Museum Breakfast - Now well established and well attended, generally on the first Sunday of the month. Has the advantage that there is a great museum on site
Liverpool Cars and Coffee - huge event on the waterfront. Typically attracts a good number of local Abarth owners. Schedule appears a bit random.
Prescott Hill Climb Breakfast - mix of meetings "at home" on the Gloucestershire slopes, and also a couple of away fixtures
Queen Square Bristol Breakfast - second Sunday of the month. Always a good show, usually a couple of Abarths there - note that this event outgrew Queen Square and now takes place at a variety of interesting locations in the Bristol area. Full details are on the event's Facebook page. 
Shelsley Walsh Breakfast - also second Sunday of the month. Note that the arrangements for this event changed and you need to pre-register and buy a ticket from the venue's website
Wilton Wake Up - typically the last Sunday of the month from April to September, these are held at Wilton House in Somerset (near Salisbury). There is a theme, but also plenty of nearby parking for other cars to attend.

Wishing all Abarth Owners Club members a Very Happy and Safe 2019 and Bertie and I look forward to meeting as many of you as we can during the year. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:49:16 PM by Colin »
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline Abarthsupersport121

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: WV59 EHG
Re: Abarth Owners Club Meets and Events in 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 09:33:07 PM »
hi bud is there any near newcastle way??

Offline rossouigi

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: UIG 1045
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 09:21:44 AM »
Greetings fellow scorpions ,
What about meetings in Yorkshire/ Lancashire ,
Is there a regional branch up here ,
Regards
ROSSOUIGI

Offline Gooseuk

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 08:38:40 PM »
Greetings fellow scorpions ,
What about meetings in Yorkshire/ Lancashire ,
Is there a regional branch up here ,
Regards
ROSSOUIGI
I wish there was some kind of meets round Lancashire region

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 11:08:57 AM »
Fair comment - there are very few National events run by anyone north of the Midlands, really........ though we have done 2 events at Oulton Park recently (while the forum was down, so not posted on here, sadly).

North West Abarth is a a Facebook-only Group and is pretty active, and on the other side of the Pennines there are a couple of groups in Yorkshire and North East Abarth, all of whom do organise meets.
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals