Author Topic: A question regarding Auto Finesse Products  (Read 8786 times)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
A question regarding Auto Finesse Products
« on: March 16, 2015, 11:10:00 AM »
I am looking at you here Bert!  ;D

My routine is as follows for each year:

March = Wax
May = Wax
July = Full Decontamination with Tar removal/Iron out/Clay/Polish/Wax
Sept = Apply AF sealant, likely Power seal for maximum durability (need 6 months through the winter)
March(1 year on) = Wax

I have a few questions about using the AF products.
I am just wondering, do I use the rejuvenate every time before application of the Temptation Wax?

And as Rejuvenate is not really a polish but a cleanser, when I come to do my Decontamination I was planning on polishing with Tripple (once per year, is that enough?) during the process, will it then be ok to apply Rejuvenate then my Wax after the Tripple?

Same story with the sealant application in Sept, I assume I will need to apply the Tough Prep before Tough/Power seal every Sept?

Just trying to clarify exactly when I need to use the cleansers/polish in the yearly paintwork maintenance routine I have planned  ::)
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline Bertie

• Founder Of AOC
  • Administrator
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club
  • Registration Number: F5 BSB
Re: A question regarding Auto Finesse Products
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 01:22:04 PM »
Stick with either Triple or Rejuvenate, no point in using both - Triple as you know is a AIO (polish, glaze and carnauba wax base coat) where rejuvenate is a light pre wax cleaner, that lays down some glossy oils to help the wax bond to your paint surface, as well as make it look slightly better.

On a white car yes polishing once a year is fine using triple.

Regards the wax top ups, id just give the car a good wash and then once its dry apply another layer of temptation - using the triple will strip any wax left on your paint.

And with your routine, id do the decon and sealant application all in one go - the tough coat will bond better to freshly clean paint :)

Bertie

Abarth 124 Spider | San Marino Black | Visibility Pack | Bose Audio | Satnav | #280 of 2000

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Re: A question regarding Auto Finesse Products
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 01:50:11 PM »
Thanks for the response Bert, really both Tripple and Rejuvenate are basically the same step when it comes to wax application?

So during the decontamination I should go with the Tripple instead of Rejuvenate so the car gets polished once a year?

The sealant won't go down in the summer, the reason for applying it in September is so the car has a more durable paint protection on during the winter months to remove the need to apply something every 2 months. Basically, it will be a case of using Tough Prep to remove the wax in Sept then using my sealant to protect the car until March where I will then use rejuvenate to remove the sealant and apply my wax again.
In May it will just be the case of a Wash and another coat of wax, then July be the full decontamination again with Tripple and another coat of wax... that sound right to you Bert?

Basically the reason behind this is during the spring/summer the car will have a glossier look from the wax and with the better weather I can maintain it over the summer and come the winter months 1 application of a sealant should hopefully last me 6 months until the better weather comes that allows me to re-apply Wax for the best look  ;)

Brian
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque