Author Topic: What interest in a club display at Brooklands New Years Day meet?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
I know I announced the Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble on 6th January as our first event for 2019. Well, I may just be wrong.

It has been suggested that we get a Club display area at the massive Brooklands New Year's Day meeting. I've been in contact with them, and the only conditions are that we need to book in at least 6 cars, and that the tickets have to be purchased in advance.

I appreciate that New Year's Day is a time when some will be recovering from the festivities of the night before, but for those who want to be out and about, this is a massive event, with the site typically packed with cars of every age and category. It is at least as busy as the Italian event held later in the year. So. it's a good day out, though you may need to wrap up well. It starts early, and goes on til mid afternoon, so there is no need to arrive as the gates open, and the advantage of a club display area is we should have our own space big enough for the number of cars we have booked.

An application for a display area closes on the 10th Dec, so I quickly need to understand if there is enough interest in this. Saying that you will come will mean that i will be hounding you for money and a mailing address, so please no "I might", or "that sounds interesting"..... I need to be clear whether this really is viable or not.
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline James King

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
    • Team Buschfink Racing
  • Registration Number: SD14 OTU
Re: What interest in a club display at Brooklands New Years Day meet?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 10:54:03 AM »
Oooh go on then, I don't have any NY plans so a trip to Brooklands again would be great!

Offline Thesaint68

• Abarth Professional
  • Newbie Abarth owner
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: JB65 YAM
Re: What interest in a club display at Brooklands New Years Day meet?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 03:36:13 PM »
I am interested
Podium blue Yamaha Factory Racing | Power Motive exhaust | Sports Cat | Bola B1 alloys l H&R lowering springs l 12mm & 10mm Spacers | Tune4Perfomance  Remap | Forge Induction kit | Forge actuator | Mtech short shifter | Airtec FMIC | Team Heko wind deflectors | Limo black side/rear window