Author Topic: Long time but im finally there  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: XXI5984
Long time but im finally there
« on: October 01, 2018, 12:31:57 PM »
a few months ago I sold my lovely VX220 Turbo after 13 years I was looking for something different for a while and when I saw the new spider Abarth I thought this is for me .
I got a good deal on a red with heritage pack ex demo a few months ago lovely car i lowered the suspension (Eibach) had a good quality remap By CC tuning  but  to be honest  I missed my old VX and wondered if I had done the right thing selling it,and over the last 5 months I haven't really had time to get to know the car properly so i decided to dedicate the weekend to the Spider , i got to know the entertainment system works (the vx was very basic)  and after driving the car all weekend iI FINALLY GET IT it put such a smile on my face from the exhaust note to the sound system and the sport button is fantastic so now i can say that im truly Stung now.

Cheers Geoff.
Super Duper spider

Offline James King

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
    • Team Buschfink Racing
  • Registration Number: SD14 OTU
Re: Long time but im finally there
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 01:15:11 PM »
Going between similar cars I can perhaps see why it took a bit longer to "click" with the 124, glad to see that it finally did for you though! I had a big jump from a Corsa that was only fun when cornering because there was never a need to brake, to my Punto which has only failed to make me smile once (And that was the MAP sensor's fault ;D ). It's definitely become my baby, amazing to think that only 6 months ago I didn't even know it existed!

Have you attended any events yet? If not I'd love to see you at one, always nice to look at 124s amongst the normal seas of 595s!

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 01:35:47 PM »
Hi James

No i havent been to any events yet but when i get time il be up for it i bet im the oldest member of this club at nearly 63 wonder if anyone can top that.
Super Duper spider

Offline James King

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
    • Team Buschfink Racing
  • Registration Number: SD14 OTU
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 02:12:01 PM »
Opposite ends of the scale! I'm only 24, apparently I'm actually quite odd in the events circle, most members are 30s/40s/50s, the youngins do all the Modified stuff or the sit in car parks revving and stuff, and the older ones go to the big things like Brooklands, Bicester, Silverstone Classic etc.  ;D

I remember Colin telling me a story once  about a young lad turning up to an event in his 595 and being very surprised to find out he was the only one under 30 there! I'm a fan of it being a more mature group though, you find horror stories from some other owners clubs and you see some cars getting absolutely ruined with fartcans, £10 bodykits off eBay and 4 million degrees of camber etc etc, whereas here it just feels more friendly, sensible and very little willy-waving!

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 02:16:51 PM »
Well i must admitive always been a boy racer at heart but i think when you get older you try to do it a bit more decreteso thers a bit of life yet in the old dog (I HOPE)
Super Duper spider

Offline Neil R

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 09:13:00 PM »
Hi Geoff, glad you got stung at last. On my 3rd Abarth now and just a young kid at 60,,,,lol
Your not the oldest on here. Hope to see you at some meets and events , probably next year now as the show season is coming to an end. Did you manage to get the problem with your keys sorted out ?
 James, i`ll see you at Bicester and or Brooklands if your going.
Neil.
Abarth 695 XSR Yamaha Limited Edition. Kit Elaborazione.
Carbon Gear stick, Carbon Sill Plates .Smoked Wind Deflectors.

Offline HarrierJint

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • 189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »
Used to own a VX220, had two in fact.
Considering going for an Elise 250 CUP next after I'm done with my 695.
189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping
    - Brembo front calipers, drilled front and rear discs
    - FERODO HP 1000 brake pads