Author Topic: Windscreen  (Read 4181 times)

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Windscreen
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 08:13:28 AM »
Glad you got it sorted Roger.

Offline Robdee124

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: Nl17uyxa
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2020, 06:23:50 PM »
Yes the screen is the same as an mx5. Just had mine changed by auto glass took them 7 weeks and they forgot the surround

Offline Brooko

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 03:35:30 PM »
I had mine replaced by Autoglass- (Morrisons Car Park, 327 Southbury Rd, Enfield EN1 1TW) they did a perfect job, tried to repair at home first, didn’t work so the cost for that was taken off the excess for the new screen, new screen trim fitted as a matter of course and the fitter even had a trick to peel the TAMPER PROOF Switzerland road toll sticker. This was done September last year but Autoglass are still in Southbury Rd.

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 10:09:10 AM »
You need a new one now!  I had a whole string of them, and the Austrian and Czech Republic ones, down one side of the screen in my old Mustang but the took the lot off last year as it was getting difficult to see out.
I was pleased that they managed to repair my Abarth's screen rather than replace, as it has a German green environmental rating permit (lifetime of car) and the bracket for my Sanef tag stuck to it, both of which he said he couldn't keep.
Whilst I know the Mazda screen is the same size so should fit, I'm sure I read on a forum somewhere (Fiat? Can't remember) that the soundproofing level or something is higher in the Mopar screen.  The one Autoglass got in for my car (but didn't use) was made by Pilkington and had a soundproofing code in the corner.