Author Topic: Puncture.  (Read 1876 times)

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Puncture.
« on: July 11, 2018, 08:49:12 PM »
Got home from work Monday, was informed by my son the tyre pressure light was on in the Spider, of course he didn't check the tyres, why would you when you can just put it in the garage?  Got it out N/S rear flat as f@ck. Used a tin of tyre weld, rather than the £50 Abarth option. Watched it all piss out of the 5mm split in middle of the tread. Now what do I do? Phoned the Abarth number on the sun visor. They arranged to collect it the following day but can only take it to a main dealer. They took 2 days to order and fit a new tyre, £140. only £40 more expensive than everyone else! I am older than most owners on here and remember a thing called a spare tyre, what a genius idea! At least I had options then rather than be held to ransom by main dealers!

Offline James King

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
    • Team Buschfink Racing
  • Registration Number: SD14 OTU
Re: Puncture.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:12:29 AM »
Tyre weld is always a bad choice, you are quite lucky though not to have had to replace the entire wheel. I was advised with my last car that even though they have a repair kit in the car, just call the AA (or your preferred breakdown cover provider) as they'll fix it for you and it won't cost you the earth compared to going to a dealer. Of course that probably stopped being an option for you as well as soon as the car was in the garage, but for the future, the moment you get a problem show up call them, and make sure you let your son know this too!

Offline A

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: EK19XYB
Re: Puncture.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 10:43:30 AM »
Hi everyone

On the similar theme, do you have a car jack in the boot?. I suspect we do not get one as no spare wheel, however I’m not sure.

I ask as the car failed to come with a tyre kit, now on back order from the dealer, so I am just a little careful as to what should have been included with the car.

Much appreciated

A