Author Topic: Abarths at Tewkesbury Classic Vehicle Festival: Sun 19th Aug 2018  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
I am aware that this event clashes with the Festival Italia at Brands Hatch. But this event takes place at Tewkesbury School, in Gloucestershire, right by junction 9 of the M5, which is an awfully long way from Kent, so may well appeal to those for whom Brands is simply too far away.

The Tewkesbury Classic Vehicle Festival is now in its 8th year, and is expected that once more there will be over 1000 vehicles entered, from the dawn of motoring to pre-war, post-war, American, sports cars, custom cars and hot rods, as well as displays from invited car clubs. The event also features live vintage entertainment courtesy of the Hayward Sisters, a Lindy Hop dance demonstration, over 100 quality trade stands, an autojumble and a wide selection of on-site catering.

I've not been to the event before, but I know the organiser - Rebecca Leppard - who also does most of the hard work for Prescott and Shelsley Walsh events (among others), and she always delivers a top day out.

Pre-booking is advised, with tickets for display vehicles priced at £5:00 for the car and driver (as opposed to an on the gate price of £7:50) and these can be obtained from http://tewkesburycvf.org/shop/ Under 12s are free, but otherwise passengers will also need a £5.00 ticket. Display cars will be admitted from 9:30, whereas general admission is not until 11am. Note that dogs are not permitted on site. 

To help the marshalls on the day, they have requested that Car Clubs arrive in convoy, if members want to park their cars together. This can be worked out nearer the time. 
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals