Author Topic: "Celebration of the Italian Style" - Haynes Museum, Sat 30th June 2018  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
The Haynes Museum, located just outside the small Somerset town of Sparkford, just off the A303, and about 1 hour from Bristol, contains one of the largest collections of historic cars in the UK, with everything from some of the early motoring pioneers to modern supercars and there is an entire room of Red coloured cars which is pretty special . It's well worth a visit. In addition to the monthly Breakfast Club meets (1st Sunday of the month, for those interested), there are going to be a number of themed events during the year, one of which is for Italian cars. The event is actually running for 4 days, from 27th June (which is a Weds), but as most of us will be at work, I have told the venue to expect a contingent of Abarths on the Saturday, 30th June.

It's a new venture, so I am not quite sure what to expect, but in addition to visiting Italian cars of all marques, the museum has said that they will bring out Italian cars from their own collection, there will be an Italian theme to the on-site cafe/restaurant and the museum's curator will be giving informal talks during the day. As well as enjoying the special displays, you will of course be able to go and see the museum during your visit.   

Reserve the date in your diary now, and post here to indicate you are coming, so I can give the museum an idea of numbers of Abarths to expect.

More details are on the venue's website: http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/events/celebration-italian-style
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline MrDan595c

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Hey Colin, am looking at booking this, have we got a good contingent of Abarths?
looking at coming down early doors saturday for this, sounds like a great museum.
This is not my first BBQ, papercut survivor, Lover of all things Italian..