Author Topic: Day off work...  (Read 10300 times)

Offline DimmyV

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • I want a Ferrari 458!
    • View Profile
    • Demetirs V
Day off work...
« on: March 07, 2015, 02:07:07 AM »
Took a day off work and weather was decent so gave Lina a wash and went over with Auto Finesse Tough Coat. Tomorrow (well today) will detail the inside the car and polish windows.

Will give car a good polish nearer the time for London to Brighton run.

Lina is gleaming!!!
Abarth 595 Turismo with Magneti Marelli Record Monza Exhaust, Record Grey, 17" 10 Spoke a Diamond Finish Alloy Wheels, Pirelli P Zeros, Drilled Discs, Yellow Calipers, Chrome Mirror Caps, Xenons, Black Leather Interior, Cat 1 Alarm fitted

Instagram: @dimmyv

Offline Bertie

• Founder Of AOC
  • Administrator
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club
  • Registration Number: F5 BSB
Re: Day off work...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 02:16:49 PM »
Looks nice, nice one dimmy!
Abarth 124 Spider | San Marino Black | Visibility Pack | Bose Audio | Satnav | #280 of 2000

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
How did you find the Tough coat Dimmy and what do you use before applying tough coat polish wise?
planning on using either tough coat/power seal myself as my winter protection! but just got some AF tripple and temptation wax to try out on the household cards!  8)
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline DimmyV

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • I want a Ferrari 458!
    • View Profile
    • Demetirs V
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 07:22:26 PM »
I didn't polish the car wouldn't of have enough daylight or time. Things have been difficult for me going back and forth from the vet as my cat is doing so great and costing a fortune.

I will do it nearer the time of Brighton run. I just went over with Rapid Detailer then when over with Tough Coat.

My glass needs a good polish will help the windscreen wipers. There so much I want to fix/do but so pressed on time and weather doesn't help :(

Abarth 595 Turismo with Magneti Marelli Record Monza Exhaust, Record Grey, 17" 10 Spoke a Diamond Finish Alloy Wheels, Pirelli P Zeros, Drilled Discs, Yellow Calipers, Chrome Mirror Caps, Xenons, Black Leather Interior, Cat 1 Alarm fitted

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 07:31:45 PM »
Weather is a bitch, I recently done my dads car and had to stop half way through polishing as a random shower came despite the BBC telling me there was no rain all day in my area... Had to try budding out the haze that was left with water on it, re dry the whole car and re do the whole process, was not happy... but the results were fantastic and after apply the Nanolex nano one onto the car, it got plenty of hours to settle, apparently needs at least 2 hours to rest on the paint without rain and any driving, results are posted in the showroom
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline DimmyV

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • I want a Ferrari 458!
    • View Profile
    • Demetirs V
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
I say wax twice a year in spring and at end of summer. After that just using a wet wax like Auto Glym Aqua Wax. Quick and easy especially in winter months. Auto Finesse mentioned on their Insta account they got one coming out and new wheel shampoo.

It comes down to time at the end of the day, that's why I want a garage to rent but there's nothing in London :(

Professionalls can take at minimum a week to fully detail a car and some longer! Especially when it comes to polishing!

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 07:58:02 PM »
I always keep an eye on the weather forecast for either a break to do our cars on an early finish from work or the weekend. Already planning on doing the full works on my brother in laws type R, sister needs her interior done and a quick wash outside as it was only polished and waxed a week ago and then I might squeeze in my own car to give a quick wash too, see how the armour all is holding up on this wash, that will be a month it's been on the car, already noticed the glass sealant is starting to lose it's beading now, nearly a month so to be expected! Wonder if the armour all wheel sealant helps with the alloys, was applied two weeks ago, haven't been overly impressed with it so far, only going to use foam/shampoo this time and see how easy they are to clean! Mint Rims is on the cards for me next I think!
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:41:09 PM »
gave mine another clean tonight, including the plastic, wheels, brake cals and chrome.

looking smart as always Dimmy   8)
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | RamAir Induction Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | DNA Camber | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | T4P Stage 1 remap:::226bhp/295lbft insta me :D