Author Topic: 180-190 HP MODS PLUS HANDLİNG TO COPE WİTH MORE POWER  (Read 2073 times)

Offline ali bartu

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
180-190 HP MODS PLUS HANDLİNG TO COPE WİTH MORE POWER
« on: December 28, 2017, 12:34:09 AM »
I have bought an abarth 500 1.4 135hp and been using it stock for the past 4months and its a really enjoyable car the way it is however more power is really tempting. I would like to know some mods and brands for these mods that ı can have around 180-190 hp with stock turbo and internals plus handling mods to cope with the power. I  want a smooth and reliable power delivery.

Offline 137699

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: 180-190 HP MODS PLUS HANDLİNG TO COPE WİTH MORE POWER
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 10:06:46 AM »
Take it to Tony at Tune4Performance - he will map it to about 175hp and for that you need zero other mods as the stock components can handle it fine.

Offline Dr pepper

• Abarth Professional
  • Youtube Channel - DC Media
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 09:18:05 PM »
Mine is running around 180bhp, had mine tuned by angeltuning his a great guy and knows what his talking about, he said to reach this bhp reliably you need a cold air intake like forge one, fmic and a free flowing exhaust, he said these mods keep the car consistent and reliable, getting rid of heat soak etc, as for handling I've changed all discs and pads for ebc drilled and grooved and just fitting bilstein b14 coilovers, had novitec springs on before and they was great
YouTube Channel - DC Media
Instagram - dc_media_uk

Offline StevieJ

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • Modified Abarth - Facebook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 11:15:35 AM »
I have bought an abarth 500 1.4 135hp and been using it stock for the past 4months and its a really enjoyable car the way it is however more power is really tempting. I would like to know some mods and brands for these mods that ı can have around 180-190 hp with stock turbo and internals plus handling mods to cope with the power. I  want a smooth and reliable power delivery.

A good remap on the IHI should give around 180bhp. You'll need a new actuator but not an FMIC as the stock ones are more than capable for that level of power.

I recommend joining the Modified Abarth group on Facebook, it's the best place for advice. There are people on the page running up to 300bhp.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:25:11 AM by StevieJ »
S4 Comp - remap, TBF intake, Forge BOV, pcv delete, Mishimoto catch can, Power Motive exhaust, Matt Bronze JR29 alloys, Bilstein B14, DNA rear brace, camber plates, lateral tie rods, MTech shifter, Prosport gauge, wearelikewise shifter, GTT batt cover, red speaker grills, matt black roof & spoiler

Offline Dr pepper

• Abarth Professional
  • Youtube Channel - DC Media
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 03:39:45 PM »
I found the stock intercoolers to get heat soak alot faster, after a 10min drive car felt sluggish, fmic cured this, forgot about the actuator
YouTube Channel - DC Media
Instagram - dc_media_uk