Author Topic: XSR detailed and ceramic coated (pics attached)  (Read 2860 times)

Offline HarrierJint

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • 189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR
    • View Profile
XSR detailed and ceramic coated (pics attached)
« on: December 01, 2017, 04:36:01 PM »
Car was detailed and ceramic coated by Reep Midlands. Their work and professionalism is outstanding, I can't recommend them enough.

189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping
    - Brembo front calipers, drilled front and rear discs
    - FERODO HP 1000 brake pads

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: XSR detailed and ceramic coated (pics attached)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 11:50:08 AM »
That looks superb, I like the way they present the car as well. Makes it feel a really special event to have the detailing done.

Can I ask at what cost?

Andy

Offline fpan

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 01:13:10 PM »
Looking great, I love this colour!

I had mine gtechniqued 3 months ago and it still beads like hell even when dirty, money well spent.

Offline HarrierJint

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 02:05:57 PM »
That looks superb, I like the way they present the car as well. Makes it feel a really special event to have the detailing done.

Can I ask at what cost?

Andy

When I walked through their really nice offices and into their showroom, it was the first thing I saw through the glass and it really did feel special. You really do feel like they think of you as a VIP, whether your car is a Ferrari 355 or a hot hatch, or whatever actually. They just want to make you feel special.

Cost was around £800 BUT it's important to note I went all out. They did a deep clean (would have used clay if needed) with the wheels off and then a stage 1 polish, the car looks like a mirror. They then ceramic coated and then coated the entire inside and out of all four wheels, the Brembo callipers, Akrapovic exhaust tips, engine plastics, coated the interior and protected the leather; the glass has been coated and beads as well as the rest of the car.

When you consider that, it's good value. Without the whole of the inside and engine etc being done, it would be much cheaper.

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 12:59:07 PM »

Can I ask at what cost?

Andy

When I walked through their really nice offices and into their showroom, it was the first thing I saw through the glass and it really did feel special. You really do feel like they think of you as a VIP, whether your car is a Ferrari 355 or a hot hatch, or whatever actually. They just want to make you feel special.

Cost was around £800 BUT it's important to note I went all out. They did a deep clean (would have used clay if needed) with the wheels off and then a stage 1 polish, the car looks like a mirror. They then ceramic coated and then coated the entire inside and out of all four wheels, the Brembo callipers, Akrapovic exhaust tips, engine plastics, coated the interior and protected the leather; the glass has been coated and beads as well as the rest of the car.

When you consider that, it's good value. Without the whole of the inside and engine etc being done, it would be much cheaper.

I keep on making this point to people, cheap doesn't always attract people, it's the quality offered that makes it good value for money.

I know £800 sounds a lot of money, but when you have a special car, and the money to spend, it is your choice on value for money.

I agree with you, I think good value.

Andy

Offline HarrierJint

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 06:19:34 PM »

Can I ask at what cost?

Andy

I keep on making this point to people, cheap doesn't always attract people, it's the quality offered that makes it good value for money.

I know £800 sounds a lot of money, but when you have a special car, and the money to spend, it is your choice on value for money.

I agree with you, I think good value.

Andy

Totally agree.

The car was covered in muck today, really dirty. I gave it a 15 min wash with a hose and then a sponge and decent car shampoo (double bucket method to make sure I wasn't putting dirt back on the car) and it looked like this.

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping