Author Topic: leather care  (Read 8057 times)

Offline mallonater

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
leather care
« on: March 02, 2015, 08:28:01 PM »
Hi just wondering what you think is the best way of keeping the leather supple and looking good hopefully preventing future problems.

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Re: leather care
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:46:08 PM »
Gliptone leather cleaner & condition.... thats all you need :)
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline DimmyV

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • I want a Ferrari 458!
    • View Profile
    • Demetirs V
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »
I have Autoglym leather clean and balm, as per their website clean and treat leather twice a year is sufficient. In hotter countries (which UK is not) apply more frequently, or if you have an accident like I had a few weeks ago with my cat, then treat the area as required.

Down to preference on what product you want to use. Swissvax, Auto Finesse, Autoglym... take your pick :)

Im slowly phasing out my Autoglym set and making switch to Auto Finesse but there some products I will continue to use like car glass polish.
Abarth 595 Turismo with Magneti Marelli Record Monza Exhaust, Record Grey, 17" 10 Spoke a Diamond Finish Alloy Wheels, Pirelli P Zeros, Drilled Discs, Yellow Calipers, Chrome Mirror Caps, Xenons, Black Leather Interior, Cat 1 Alarm fitted

Instagram: @dimmyv

Offline Taz

• Abarth Professional
  • Captain Slow found the Sport Button!
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: 116 NKP
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 08:42:27 PM »
I used Autoglym leather cleaner and Leather Care Cream on my Panther. That was Connelly hide and was totally exposed to the sun with no cracking or fading after 8 years. Treat it every 3 or 4 months and never ever fail to feed it with the cream. It's brilliant stuff.
I still use it on our leather furniture at home. My other half swears by it as well for the same reason.
Nigel 

Record Grey 500 with red wheel centres and mirrors.
PIAA DRL's, Philips Xtreme Vision upgraded lights. Lexus style rear light units. Smoked side repeaters. Team Heko wind deflectors.

Smiles per gallon & grow old disgracefully.