Author Topic: Abarths at Silverstone Classic - 20 - 22 July 2018  (Read 11210 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Abarths at Silverstone Classic - 20 - 22 July 2018
« on: October 19, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »
This is the time of year when I start to get details of events for the coming year. Fastest to get things  announced, and ticket sales underway is one of my favourite events of the year, the Silverstone Classic.

With provisional dates of 20 - 22 July 2018 (these will be confirmed once the FIA have ratified the Formula 1 timetable, in early December), this may seem like a long way in the future, but there are two good reasons to act now: new for 2018, there is a Super Early Bird ticket offer, which pegs tickets to the 2017 prices; and as some of you have said that you like the idea of this event, but you think it is a bit pricey, well, this is the time to get your requests in for a nice Christmas present! 

For 2018, the 28th year of the event, which is the largest Historic Racing event in the world, we are promised something even more special than ever before. Special highlights for 2018 include an incredible array of iconic Formula 1 cars marking 70 years since Silverstone’s first British Grand Prix held in 1948 and there will also be a special spotlight on more than 60 years of epic Le Mans history with three spectacular showdowns run back-to-back. As in previous years, there will be a a program packed full of grids from all genres and eras of motor-sport, from historic Formula 1, Group C and Le Mans sports prototypes, Formula Junior, Touring Cars and, lots more besides. There are usually around 25 races over the three day event, including a popular Dusk race of the thunderous Group C legends. As well as seeing all the action on track, you get unrestricted access to the pits, so you can see the cars close up as they are being prepared and afterwards. As well as all the racing action, there's live music on Friday and Saturday evening and your ticket includes access to the concerts on the Friday and Saturday evenings, both of which provide a great live music experience that all the family can enjoy. As if that were not enough, the Car Club displays could entertain you all day, with over 10,000 cars from more than 125 different car clubs on show, and there will be a number of processions around the track during the weekend. Who can forget the sight of over 1000 Porsche 911s in 2013, or the biggest collection of Ferrari F40s, assembled to celebrate the model's 25 year anniversary back in 2012 and over 40 Jaguar XJ220s in 2017? I am delighted to announce that one again, Abarth Owners Club will be there, having been registered as one of the participating Car Clubs.

You can come along for as many of the three days (20 - 22nd July 2018) as you want, and provided you book your tickets using the Abarth Owners Club booking code, take advantage of the special Car Club package, which will give you discounted tickets (a 2 for 1 deal applies), and an in-field pass which will allow you to park in the Abarth Owners Club reserved parking area, which will be in a central location (making it easy for you to return to your car during the day).

To take advantage of the Car Club package, you need to go to the event website, on www.silverstoneclassic.com/buycarclubtickets to gain access to the Car Club Display Packages  and use our unique booking code, which is 18028CCD. Please note that you will get the best prices if you take advantage of the Super Early Bird deal and book before 31st December 2017. After that, the Early Bird prices will be on offer from 1st January 2018 to 31st March.  Car Club bookings close on 31st May 2018, after which time you will only be able to buy ordinary admission tickets. Note that this event does not sell tickets on the day, so all tickets have to be bought in advance. An innovation for 2018 is that rather than physical tickets being mailed out, you will be able to download and print tickets yourself as soon as you have bought them (hurrah!).

In 2017, we had more cars attending than we've managed for the past 5 years, and we even had a Dutch member make the trip to the UK specially to attend (bravo, Ton!) but compared to the presence we have at other events, we are still somewhat under-represented here. Back in 2011, we amassed over 50 Abarths on site. It would be great to get back to that sort of presence - we've got enough members now to make this an easy target!  Truly, this is one of the very best events of the year, and you are missing out on something very special by not attending. The more cars we have attending, the more prominent a display area we will get, so let's see if we can get back to that big presence.

Although I will be receiving regular updates from the organisers as to who has booked, it would be helpful if you could append a message to this thread to say that you are coming.
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline grammie

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: Abarths at Silverstone Classic - 20 - 22 July 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 11:05:39 PM »
I'm putting us in as early birds!! It would be great to see as many cars as we had in 2011, although that was on hard standing in the middle of the circuit. I don't know how 50 cars would have been slotted in to the little space we had this year. Can only reiterate what Colin says, this is a brilliant meet :)

Offline Susiemiffy

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »
New to the club, picking up the wheels on Wednesday, rather a tad excited. Have booked for Silverstone, really look forward to meeting other members there

Offline CBAbarth

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 07:08:50 AM »
Booked👍
Hybrid turbo ceramic,ceramic tubi mani, ceramic downpipe,, eboost2, forged internals,big injectors, uprated Cam’s, fully forged, custom intake, uprated fuel pump, Prometeo sump, Custom exhaust, Race cat,  Scara LSD, Bilstiens. Uprated brakes, stage 2 paddle clutch, lightened flywheel, 335bhp/313ftlb

Offline Hotkiwi

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: se12 ggu
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 11:13:49 PM »
Booked and already looking forward to it. :)

Offline STAX

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: NJ60 WSW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »
Booked for Silverstone, all three days looking forward to it

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »
We have 15 people who have actually booked up so far...... plenty of space for a lot more.

Reminder that the ticket prices increase after 31st March.

It replaced: 

Offline MrDan595c

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 03:03:48 PM »
will be booking for 31st, hoping to do a saturday this year  :)
This is not my first BBQ, papercut survivor, Lover of all things Italian..

Offline MrDan595c

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 05:54:53 PM »
Hi I am booked for the saturday now :)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 05:37:42 PM »
Just had an email from Silverstone, advising me that they've approved my request that we get to join one of the lunchtime parades.

Our day is the Saturday (the busiest of the three days) and I've provisionally got 30 places - and we've not got 30 cars yet booked. So here's a bit more incentive to commit to this event.... it's not often you get to drive around Silverstone (even at parade speed) in front of a large crowd!

It replaced: 

Offline MrDan595c

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 12:08:17 PM »
Hi Colin

since I have my ticket and replied, am I then one of the 30 for the parade lap!? OOOH that is brilliant!  8)

Offline Neil R

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 09:54:29 PM »
Tickets booked for the Saturday .
Neil.
Abarth 695 XSR Yamaha Limited Edition. Kit Elaborazione.
Carbon Gear stick, Carbon Sill Plates .Smoked Wind Deflectors.

Offline MrDan595c

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 10:12:47 AM »
Tickets booked for the Saturday .
Neil.

woohoo!  8) ;D

Offline djw766

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: T12 FEO
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 09:32:44 PM »
Yay!!  All booked for Sat & Sun.  Lets hope it's not as dusty as Donington... ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:09:36 PM by djw766 »

Offline James King

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
    • Team Buschfink Racing
  • Registration Number: SD14 OTU
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 09:23:30 PM »
I've just picked up my APE SS, and am in contact with Silverstone to get myself an infield display pass. (I bought tickets in December...) So fingers crossed, I'll be joining!