Author Topic: My White/Black APE  (Read 21815 times)

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
My White/Black APE
« on: January 16, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »
Only 1 picture at the moment will upload more soon.

Only upgrade is Bluespark box at the moment.

- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.
- 1949 White, Black Mirrors, Custom Centre Caps.
- Super Brilliance White - Main, Side, Rear Plate and Fog Lights.

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
Re: My White/Black APE
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 06:02:03 PM »
very clean look, love it!  8)
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | RamAir Induction Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | DNA Camber | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | T4P Stage 1 remap:::226bhp/295lbft insta me :D

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 06:10:36 PM »
thanks AnjunaCrasher, will upload some more soon.
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: T50 PEY
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 06:25:10 PM »
Looks great!
I think the Abarth Punto looks better in stealth mode,much meaner looking!
Abarth 595C Turismo-Scorpion Black-BTB bypass exhaust- Scorpion 200 cell Cat- JFA stage 1 remap-Esseesse Wheels,CF mirror caps- Hydro dipped CF Dash, boot handle,stereo and climate control facias - Matt black custom decals - Heko's,- Pioneer double din install- Go fast red sport button surround ;-)

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 06:59:12 PM »
I've ran the Bluespark box for a year now and can't fault it, how are you getting along with it in your APE mate?
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | RamAir Induction Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | DNA Camber | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | T4P Stage 1 remap:::226bhp/295lbft insta me :D

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 07:51:33 PM »
I've ran the Bluespark box for a year now and can't fault it, how are you getting along with it in your APE mate?

I just got mine, ran it only on setting C but the torque is really nice, this is how they should leave the factory, just had to replace mine but the customer service has been exceptional, might do an install guide.

can I ask where you hid your box in the engine bay? and did you cover the box for when you wash the car?
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 07:52:28 PM »
Looks great!
I think the Abarth Punto looks better in stealth mode,much meaner looking!

thanks, i think my favourite part are the original wheels but in black with a difference centre cap.
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 08:15:35 PM »

I just got mine, ran it only on setting C but the torque is really nice, this is how they should leave the factory, just had to replace mine but the customer service has been exceptional, might do an install guide.

can I ask where you hid your box in the engine bay? and did you cover the box for when you wash the car?

yh well mine runs a custom map so it's pulling quite a bit more power & torque than the standard box, but even in setting B it's a big improvement over a factory car. I've had my box in setting D for 10 months with no issue at all and boy does it fly!   ;D

My box is located on the top right of the engine bay. It's attached to the pipe just to the left of the fuse box, which is where I may relocate it using velcro like my friend has done.

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 08:17:55 PM »
I assume setting D is more top mph and less torque?

How did you get a custom map on it?
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 08:52:29 PM »
I assume setting D is more top mph and less torque?

How did you get a custom map on it?

The higher settings (D and E) simply provide more aggresive torque delivery, so you get faster throttle response and on my map peak boost comes in at 2,000rpm. No matter what map you have on the Bluespark box you will simply alter the torque curve therefore the power delivery when changing the setting.

My friend did some additional work with Bluespark to produce a better map that wouldn't be available to buy. We wanted more torque earlier and no flatline between torque and bhp i.e mapped it with a sharper (less progressive) torque curve, and didn't want it to tail off after 5,000rpm either.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:57:37 PM by AnjunaCrasher »

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »
good to know about the settings i thought i was torque over mph, i didnt notice any drop off? i did speak to bluespark before i ordered from them, top notch service, the chap explained they actually redone a lot of their maps recently.

if your getting peak so early on you must wheel spin constantly?

I heard the magnetti boxes have a feature so the box comes on after the engine warms up, can someone program this?

I am going to be putting my box back in tomorrow im going to look out for these boost drops.

was a custom map hard to do? is it possible to find people to redo them?
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 09:20:08 PM »
The full on technical is not my strong point, however everything can be programmed and the mapper at Bluespark is both friendly and very knowledgable.

He and my friend discussed the custom map and went over all of the details so I can't say what exact data there is, however I know that they have updated the standard map and improved response and fade, so you probably won't have experienced the same map that the earliest customers had.

3rd and 4th are an absolute joy - they are the gears that seem to embarrass most cars who have tried their luck with me lol. Also 5th pulls heavily, obviously that's my final gear so I'd be very interested to see what it felt like in your APE.

I won't say the exact figures I've had with my map, however what I will say is that I can match a VXR Corsa Nurburgring in terms of a standing start and pull away out of corners in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Bhp sells cars, but torque wins races  ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:21:41 PM by AnjunaCrasher »

Offline KK_96

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 10:20:07 AM »
Very clean, looks good
Abarth 500 Campovolo grey

Offline Tom 91

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 01:25:55 PM »
I have a decat, induction kit and intercooler on my ape esseesse,  am i best just getting a custom remap? I am interested in a bluespark but wonder whats best for the car :)
APE Esseesse

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 02:59:23 PM »
I would imagine a remap would be best to fully take account for all your mods but if you are price concious bluespark would be good as well.
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.