Author Topic: Wheel Bearings  (Read 8580 times)

Offline danny.smythe

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Wheel Bearings
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:09:32 AM »
I have an essesse abarth 500 on a 2011 plate. In the past month the garage has had to replace the 2 wheel bearings on the rear and the car has only done 32 thousand miles. I know the bearings are an expensive part but why do fiat put rubbish parts on the most important part on the car.  >:(

Offline anewton10

• Abarth Professional
  • Instagram anewton_10
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel Bearings
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »
That's unlucky, my old 500ss had done 45000 miles with spacers and big heavy ss wheels and not one bearing had gone, I thought bearings were only about £30 could be wrong😳
595 Comp 🚙  Bluespark, Forge Hose, Custom Airbox, Asseto Corse Front Grille, Novitec Springs+Coupe Bump Stops, Assetto Gara Lightweight Wheels, Dark Side Repeaters, Mtec Bulbs, Led Interior Upgrade, Heko's, Badge Overlays, Matt Black Badges, 5mm 15mm Spacers, Clear Rear Lights, CAE Racing Shifter

Offline will-w

• 695 Member
  • 'Captain Slow'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 12:51:21 PM »
Wheel bearings, particularly the rear ones, are a weak point on the 500 I must admit..

Although Fiat have a habit of using common parts, so the bearings on a 500 Esseesse will be exactly the same as the 1.2 Pop.

Same applies to the top mounts; exactly the same items used across the range
Abarth Punto Supersport
Grigio Campovolo, Skydome, Assetto Koni, Floating brakes
Summer: Gunmetal 18" Esseesse with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
Winter: Official Abarth Winter Kit (17" with Pirelli Sottozero 210)

Offline danny.smythe

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 06:53:29 PM »
The bearings cost £140.62 because the bearing is part of the hub and can not be separated. Also you have got Labour on top of that. They only use common parts to save money.