Author Topic: Audio system - upgrade advice needed  (Read 6359 times)

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Audio system - upgrade advice needed
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 03:13:50 PM »
Hi Toby, looking forward to having a listen; you've whetted the appetite. Are you currently running this through the standard infotainment head unit in your series 4, with no extra amplification? Some have suggested there is an output  difference between the 5" and 7" units but I don't know and haven't directly compared. Having had Interscope in both previous cars a Beats option was considered however had to rein in the spend when ordering, and to be honest the Fiat cardboard is not as bad as I'd expected but if there is a sub £350 (Beats cost) upgrade that makes a noticeable difference I could be tempted into it in a few months. A
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 I saga will be continued...

Offline noddyrocket

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Audio system - upgrade advice needed
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 06:04:52 PM »
Howdy.

Yes this is running through the 7" headunit currently.  As mentioned I may add an amp and a sub eventually.

Not sure on the power output of the headunit, but when I asked Unique Integrations, they felt (from the 4 or so Abarth's they had aleady done) the standard unit and the new JL Audio speakers would be fine, and indeed they are.  :)
Rory the red 595 Trofeo.  My 3rd Abarth, I must be addicted :)