Author Topic: Driveway / Garage CCTV recommendation  (Read 1822 times)

Offline noddyrocket

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Driveway / Garage CCTV recommendation
« on: May 30, 2017, 09:03:17 PM »
Just thinking about security having read another thread. You can't be too security conscious these days

For home use has anyone got a recommendation for a Wireless CCTV camera. I want to monitor the drive and garage and don't need a full home system.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Rory the red 595 Trofeo.  My 3rd Abarth, I must be addicted :)

Offline Gooey34

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: Driveway / Garage CCTV recommendation
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 10:00:25 PM »
I have a Foscam 9900p wifi (or lan connect) for monitoring the drive with motion detect (sends notifications to your phone). Had it for 6 months or so and can't fault it. Image recording is 1080p and 2mp picture.

Got it more for a deterrent than anything but it's a decent bit of kit for the price. Can monitor it all via the iPhone app. I pay about $4.99 a month for 7 days worth of cloud recording as well (saves having a hard drive recorder). The cam connects to the router and then is accessed via my phone from anywhere.

Just taken a couple of screen shots, hope it gives you an idea of what it's like...

And with night view (IR)

Can take some daytime shots if it helps!

Offline noddyrocket

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 06:49:53 AM »
Nice clear pics from that cam. Thanks for the reply.

There's  so many on the market now and I guess the quality ranges from very low resolution to something you can actually use.
Rory the red 595 Trofeo.  My 3rd Abarth, I must be addicted :)

Offline jackslade

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 07:54:46 AM »
The front and rear of my home is covered by wired fixed CCTV.  I was advised to fit wired camera's as wireless have a tendency to drop out. They are 1080p. the DVR is hidden upstairs. I get live feeds on my android phone, laptop, pad, TV via laptop google cast. It  cost £450 fitted, but this was a couple of years ago.
No particular brand, 2 camera's and DVR.  The cameras are dome type so are a visual deterrent.
I have wireless on the interior of the house.
Black Abarth 500 Esseesse 2011, , red stripes & mirrors, red leather, monza, Android head unit, cruise control, cat 1 & anti hijack alarm system, auto close windows, acci cam, Piaa DRL's. 2 seater. Wrapped Bonnet & spoiler(carbon Fibre)

Offline Gooey34

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 05:47:10 PM »
The front and rear of my home is covered by wired fixed CCTV.  I was advised to fit wired camera's as wireless have a tendency to drop out. They are 1080p. the DVR is hidden upstairs. I get live feeds on my android phone, laptop, pad, TV via laptop google cast. It  cost £450 fitted, but this was a couple of years ago.
No particular brand, 2 camera's and DVR.  The cameras are dome type so are a visual deterrent.
I have wireless on the interior of the house.

For this reason I used a Lan connection to set mine up rather than Wifi. Most wifi ones nowadays have this capability to do either or and let you monitor it live via phone/tablet or computer. Can have a constant connection to it via internet TV as well....

Like the OP originally said, you can spend £30 on a wifi camera or £3k! Just got to find one that does all you need in useable quality. Most 720 ones I've seen are fairly useless as picking a persons face out particularly in low light, or zooming to get a number plate. The IR quality is what really counts!