Author Topic: 2nd service.  (Read 2924 times)

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
2nd service.
« on: April 21, 2017, 11:13:01 PM »
Hi all, anyone who has read my posts will know im not the biggest fan of main dealers, but thought I would add this. My 2 year old comp was due its second service with 10k on the clock, just for a laugh I phoned Glyn Hopkin, Chelmsford for a price. £385 all in. Said with a straight face! I bought  the parts from them, oil, filter, sump plug washer and pollen filter. £95. Got my local trusted garage to fit the parts and he charged me £70. Assuming the main dealer would pay £95 for parts(uh huh) that is still less than half! Thus strengthening my argument that main dealers are indeed utter c*nts. Discuss.

Offline Bero1306

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: NA63 OWO
Re: 2nd service.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 05:09:17 PM »
That price is a discrace. I've just had my wife's  Mondeo 2.2 sport serviced at Ford and it cost £179.00 which included an Mot and 12 month AA.
63 Plate Funk White 595 Turismo, Red leather.

Offline ThatRedAbarth

• Barely Abarth
  • Instagram: ThatRedAbarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: GR61 GGS
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »
I was quite surprised that my series 4 Abarth 595 Comp's first service is only £132..... via Arnold Clark.... did not have any other recommendations for place to take it so just went to my nearest dealership, don't think that price is too bad! Apparently, same price as a Fiat 500  ;D
Series 4 Abarth 595 Competizione
Abarth Red
Carbon Fibre Sabelts
17" Supersport Matt Black Alloys
Beats Audio
Black Abarth Side Stripe and Mirrors
595 Aluminium Roof Cap

Instagram: ThatRedAbarth

Offline Funky Spike

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »
The first service is only an oil and filter change though.

Spike

Offline Nicam

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 12:05:43 PM »
A certain dealer in the Lancashire area wanted £620 for the second annual service!!!!!
He even put a breakdown of the price in front of me - it included 4 hours time - which was the majority of the cost.
Then he tried to make it sound like a bargain and said it could be £499 because he knew it wouldn`t take so long.
Needless to say- it didn`t happen.