Author Topic: Does this sound like an OK deal for a 500C?  (Read 8283 times)

Offline victoriahurn

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Does this sound like an OK deal for a 500C?
« on: February 22, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »
OK,

So its a bit late to ask as I have already bought it  ;D

But just want to see what other owners think, as I always worry about being stitched up when buying from a dealer.

I was going to order a built to order, but this was in the showroom and so close to what Iwanted I jumped at it.

New (Prereg to dealer last month) 8 Miles on the clock

Abarth 500C

Options Gara White Paint + £300
             Windbreak           + £160
             17" 10 Spokes    + £320

The Configurator Price for the spec is. £17340 + OTR and VED Costs

I managed to get it for £15499 + £180 VED = £15679

This did not seem a bad reduction on list and I wanted the Windstop as an option, I could have lived without the 17s as I will be fitting some 16" 8 Spokes I already have once they are powder coated red.

PX Wise I traded in a 63 Reg Ford Focus Zetec Diesel with 22k on it, the lovely people at WBAC had offered £9250, and was given £11k on PX so a total cost to change of £4679 inc a years VED

I know it is all very subjective but does that sound an OK deal?.  It was all very spur of the moment purchased on first visit and picked up 2 days leter.

Offline harry flatters

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Does this sound like an OK deal for a 500C?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 01:38:22 PM »
I have absolutely no knowledge or experience on which to base a reply -so I won't :D I suspect the only ones who could give you an informed answer would be dealers themselves. However, I do wonder whether your question was a wise one and hope you get the answer you want :) I have to say that, if I buy something that is set out to be a bargain or a 'good buy', I studiously avoid trying to find out if it was or wasn't in case I discover it definitely falls into the latter category :'( I would then be seriously annoyed!  Whatever happens, you've got a great car which I am sure you will enjoy - especially if you get loads of replies saying it really was a great buy ;D
April 2016 595 Turismo, Campovolo grey, semi auto. box, sunshine roof

Offline victoriahurn

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: Does this sound like an OK deal for a 500C?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
Thanks

No it would not annoy me as like yo say I got the car I wanted,

It was just there is very little info online on what sort of discounts people are getting on these new, most cars seem to have a target price to aim for but maybe becuase the Abarth market is much smaller there is not a lot of info.

If its anything like my old Twinair 500C it will pay for itself in smiles in no time (Although it will take a bit longet to cover its costs with work fulel expenses comapred to the average 54mpg from the Twinair and 65mpg from the mind numbingly borong Focus)..

Just never really been one to make an impulse purchase like that, but as you say no point looking back what is done is done, now just to enjoy it..   :D