Author Topic: General 500 esse esse questions  (Read 7930 times)

Offline Doeboy

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
General 500 esse esse questions
« on: February 20, 2015, 03:39:55 PM »
Got a 2010 500 abarth esse esse.
What have people done on here regarding upgrading the headlight bulbs?

On previous and other current vehicles I've got osram nightbreaker bulbs in and love the light they give out and that more white crisper look they give aswell.

Are these a straight swap or will they throw up a fault warning on the dashboard?

What bulbs would I need to swap all the from lights?

Also I'm after a boot liner for the car and have seen some on eBay for £40 new and they're said to be genuine, has anyone else got them and if so is it worth just getting them from fiat direct or go for the eBay ones?

Also on a recent weekend break we unfortunately came across a suicidal pheasant  it decided that the drivers side front intercooler grille was going to be his final resting place!!! :thumbd:

Has anyone else had to re-stick on of these if so what's involved please?
Just so I'm a bit prepared. :thumb:

And lastly, the factory dash mounted boost guage sometimes doesn't work, is this a common thing and a easy fix or more tricky, sometimes it'll work fine but next time you start up it won't work.

Thanks
Steve

Offline CJ

• 695 Member
  • Dino Abartho
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: DN10WMV
Re: General 500 esse esse questions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 08:05:11 PM »
Hey Steve

Dino is a 2010 SS  :D

& running Osram night breakers - brilliant bulbs so much so that main beam is only used for flashing  :P  there's Osrams on main beam too. No faults at all. Main beam is H1, dipped H7.

Not sure how you go about fixing intercooler vent, you may get more access to it from behind the bumper after removing your wheel & the panel liner. Stupid pheasant - did you get to take him home for supper?  ;D

2010 RossoSfr Essesse~ATM Intercooler~FORGE Intake Actuator BOV~Powermotive CAT Back Exhaust~HPSI Hoses~Bluespark~MTEC SS~PC680 Lightweight Battery~Direnza Coilovers~5F/10R Spacers~17x7 EC SanremoCorse-215/40 Goodyear F1-a little sprinkle of Alcantara