Author Topic: Just a quick wash  (Read 8194 times)

Offline DimmyV

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • I want a Ferrari 458!
    • View Profile
    • Demetirs V
Just a quick wash
« on: February 20, 2015, 01:35:30 AM »
Lack of daylight and cold weather so didn't have time for a thorough detail, and my Abarth needs a good polish too!

So last wash was Christmas Eve, and as I work everyday in Janaury didn't have time and was also brutally cold and wet. Managed to get round to a quick wash last weekend, this is the result after the following:

A clean first on the wheels, the Turismo wheels are not the quickest wheels to clean by hand (due to their design) but with Carbon Collective wheels wands and some Auto Finesse Iron Out removed a lot of grime.

Then rinsed car down before spraying liberally Auto Finesse Citrus Power and wash with Auto Glym's shampoo using two bucket method, and two washmitts. One for top section and the other for lower (dirtier) section of car. Once done, I rinsed down again.

Dried car with Auto Finesse drying towel, so much quicker and easier than the chamois leather I had and safer!

Then I just went over the car with Auto Glym's Rapid Detailer.

That's all I had time for, before it got dark and temperature dropped! Not bad for a simple wash but still some stubborn tar spots on wheels and car needs a good polish and wax!
Abarth 595 Turismo with Magneti Marelli Record Monza Exhaust, Record Grey, 17" 10 Spoke a Diamond Finish Alloy Wheels, Pirelli P Zeros, Drilled Discs, Yellow Calipers, Chrome Mirror Caps, Xenons, Black Leather Interior, Cat 1 Alarm fitted

Instagram: @dimmyv

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Re: Just a quick wash
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 08:46:21 AM »
Looking very good! hoping for a break in the weather this weekend for a quick wash, got a good polish/wax on it last week so just a quick hose for me before detailing the sister then dads cars! :P
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque