Author Topic: Series 4 Owners with 7" uConnect System  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
Series 4 Owners with 7" uConnect System
« on: January 22, 2017, 02:21:11 PM »
Guys, I've just checked my uConnect system against what should have been updated at the point of purchase (Nov 16) and the Nav system was well out of date.

If you go to Mopar Homepage and read the info it appears that we'll be getting 3 years of updates for FREE!!!, yeap you read that correctly free updates.

You need an 8GB or larger USB stick, register on the site then download the updates. Extract the .zip file locally then copy to the USB (saves a lot of time, trust me).

Go out to the car, start the engine, wait for the nav system to boot and stick the USB in. The screen will tell you your currently installed version and the version on the USB stick, and ask if you want to update it.

If you select to update it, you'll either have the car sitting for just under an hour, or better still use it for an excuse to go for a drive.

Hope someone finds that usefull.

Fish

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: FRZ 595
Re: Series 4 Owners with 7" uConnect System
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Thanks for this, I was aware they updates are free but was unsure where to get them from. The UConnect site only seemed to have the 5" screen updates.
I've got the files, just need to find a spare hour to update the system. My car is July registered so will definitely be out of date.
2016 595c Competizione 180 | Campovolo Grey | Series 4

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 08:39:30 AM »
Make sure you download the latest version of the uConnect software which was released yesterday.

It stops the headunit from rebooting itself.

Fish

Offline Cas

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 03:01:33 PM »
Hi, I got my new 595 Comp yesterday and checked last night and saw that there are some more up to date maps available from Mopar maps.
I have downloaded the license file and the zip-file which I un-zipped to a new USB stick.
Before I delete the old maps and install the new one I just wanted to check..... in addition to the license file I have another file (the map file I guess ) split into 4 parts on teh menory stick - is this normal?

Thanks

Cas
595 Comp-Rally Yellow

Offline Cas

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 09:29:12 PM »
Hi, a quick update… I took the plunge and updated my maps yesterday.
Once I inserted the USB stick and said “yes” to deleting the old maps it took about 30 minutes to install the new maps and all is well- I am now on version 1020.
Having just done a 300 mile round-trip I must say I am very pleased with the Sat Nav system and the “Live” updates for traffic and speed cameras etc!

Cas
595 Comp-Rally Yellow

Offline Geoffxb

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: XXI5984
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 09:50:17 PM »
I have a spider and don't really use satnav much but when I do I use my phone was thinking of getting the satnav SD card but not sure if its worth it
Super Duper spider